Mobian Issues
I've had the same problem as well. Can't make or receive calls. When I try to dial a number, I can quickly see the screen pop up and then disappear (as if its hanging up right away), on the receiving end it just goes straight to voicemail. Texting works both ways. Cellular data kind of works, not really - issue here was for some reason the phone disables the mobile data by itself and reverts my apn setting. There is some sort of fix/troubleshoot on mobians wiki on deleting the network modules and re-adding but it didn't exactly indicate the problem I was having since texting works, I haven't tried that yet though.

I can also confirm this is a mobian issue, and not my carrier or my carrier settings. I installed Arch Linux on an sd card, booted it, put in my apn - and right away all cellular functions worked just fine, almost flawlessly actually (calling both ways, texting both ways, and data). The only thing that didn't work was if the phone went into deep sleep or suspend or w/e, then incoming calls wouldn't go through (I expected this on most distros though anyways)

Additional issue is the date and time sync, even with manually setting the date and time - it sometimes drifts off like a 20+ days on reboot. This then causes network issues, can't connect to any ip/url unless that date/time is corrected - must be a system thing? Anyways, this causes the network to not connect on both wifi and cellular

And yes I've also done a full distro upgrade, kernel is also at 5.10

Has this issue made additional progress (particularly the calling one)?
(03-01-2021, 05:28 PM)theD0ctor Wrote: I've had the same problem as well. Can't make or receive calls. When I try to dial a number, I can quickly see the screen pop up and then disappear (as if its hanging up right away), on the receiving end it just goes straight to voicemail. Texting works both ways. Cellular data kind of works, not really - issue here was for some reason the phone disables the mobile data by itself and reverts my apn setting. There is some sort of fix/troubleshoot on mobians wiki on deleting the network modules and re-adding but it didn't exactly indicate the problem I was having since texting works, I haven't tried that yet though.

I can also confirm this is a mobian issue, and not my carrier or my carrier settings. I installed Arch Linux on an sd card, booted it, put in my apn - and right away all cellular functions worked just fine, almost flawlessly actually (calling both ways, texting both ways, and data). The only thing that didn't work was if the phone went into deep sleep or suspend or w/e, then incoming calls wouldn't go through (I expected this on most distros though anyways)

Additional issue is the date and time sync, even with manually setting the date and time - it sometimes drifts off like a 20+ days on reboot. This then causes network issues, can't connect to any ip/url unless that date/time is corrected - must be a system thing? Anyways, this causes the network to not connect on both wifi and cellular

It sounds like a voLTE problem if you have data till you go to make the call. Who is your carrier? Just wondering if it is AT&T.
(03-01-2021, 05:44 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 05:28 PM)theD0ctor Wrote: I've had the same problem as well. Can't make or receive calls. When I try to dial a number, I can quickly see the screen pop up and then disappear (as if its hanging up right away), on the receiving end it just goes straight to voicemail. Texting works both ways. Cellular data kind of works, not really - issue here was for some reason the phone disables the mobile data by itself and reverts my apn setting. There is some sort of fix/troubleshoot on mobians wiki on deleting the network modules and re-adding but it didn't exactly indicate the problem I was having since texting works, I haven't tried that yet though.

It sounds like a voLTE problem if you have data till you go to make the call. Who is your carrier? Just wondering if it is AT&T.

Fido - Canada. I'll check if there are any syslogs and see if this troubleshoot fix under mobian wiki addresses it : "Cellular connection stops working if enabled/disabled in settings". Even though it appears to be more so addressing the connection stopping entirely, not exactly what I'm seeing.

The call doesn't disable the data, I meant to say in general that something with the phone (the OS) disables my apn carrier settings randomly- which is more along the lines of what the troubleshoot on the mobian wiki would appear to address. But I'm more concerned with just calling itself. None of these appear to be an issue when I use arch - so it's definitely related to the operating system me thinks  Huh
With the 'apt update && apt dist-upgrade' of this morning, I haven't your problems. I can send and receive calls. The provider is French.

With the last update I have some troubles with the Call application and the notification : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid90834

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,711 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,138 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy