New PineTalk episode is out
Hey all,

Just a heads-up that the second episode of PineTalk is now out.

Have a listen
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Really liked the interview.

Will continue listening to the podcast!
Also on LBRY and Odysee

https://lbry.tv/@PINE64:a/pinetalk-episo...ries-and:a
(02-14-2021, 04:12 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Also on LBRY and Odysee

I get a "corrupt playback" error on those sites as well as on some peertube instances. Maybe my phone is just too old.

Luckily, the pinetalk podcast page works great, including the handy index. Thumbs up on the design.  Smile
Interesting. I would guess that's some kind of video player software problem. LBRY works very well for me. But it won't install on my Android 4.x phone.
Actually, it works with icecat but that browser is a bit heavy on the old phone. Talking of which, is there a native LBRY client for the pinephone?
Nice job.  Enjoyed listening.  Thanks!

The interview with Dalton Durst of UBPorts was interesting.  He seems like a good guy that would be readily approachable by potential UBPorts developers including those from the Pinephone community.

Also, appreciate the links and other details provided in the show notes that help when trying to follow up on projects, hardware etc discussed.  Much more work for you but potentially makes the podcast's content much more accessible. 

Looking forward to more.  Are there other Pine prodcasts out there?
(02-15-2021, 01:10 PM)LazLong Wrote: Nice job.  Enjoyed listening.  Thanks!

The interview with Dalton Durst of UBPorts was interesting.  He seems like a good guy that would be readily approachable by potential UBPorts developers including those from the Pinephone community.

Also, appreciate the links and other details provided in the show notes that help when trying to follow up on projects, hardware etc discussed.  Much more work for you but potentially makes the podcast's content much more accessible. 

Looking forward to more.  Are there other Pine prodcasts out there?

Dalton is a great guy - grounded, insightful, clever, friendly and he really cares about the UBports and our community. One of the people I highly respect in the Linux community.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(02-15-2021, 11:08 AM)nas Wrote: Actually, it works with icecat but that browser is a bit heavy on the old phone. Talking of which, is there a native LBRY client for the pinephone?
Sort of. 

The LBRY "app" is buildable (open source I believe) for Linux. I haven't done it at all. I tried it on NetBSD and failed. I expect it would work on the PinePhone, unless it requires x86. But again, I don't really know.

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-desktop?_...49#install

I can tell you this: if you succeed in running it on the PinePhone, you'll be a LBRY hero, probably earn some cash.
(02-14-2021, 04:12 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Also on LBRY and Odysee

I am very interested in de-centralized alternatives. Why did LBRY have to go and ruin it by sprinkling in "magical Internet money." Which is the main reason that, so far, I am more a fan of PeerTube...
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).