megapixels issue
Have  successfully used megapixels in the past.  Tried taking a photo today and experienced the following failure symptoms:
1.  megapixels launches normally, with normal viewfinder performance
2.  after clicking the shutter button, the spinner indicator never stops spinning (even after several minutes)
2a.  Other megapixel buttons (settings, folders, etc.) respond normally
2b.  /tmp/megapixels.set_of_random_chars folder created; however, is empty
3.  i close megapixels normally
4.  re-opening megapixels repeats step 1
5.  after clicking the shutter button, megapixels quickly closes itself
5a. /tmp/megapixels.another_set_of_random_chars folder created.  Contains single 59 kB file 0.dng.
6.  Steps 5 and 6 repeat until rebooting pmos CE pinephone, running pmos phosh.  After which steps 1 through 3 behavior occurs, and then 4 through 6.
Read a post that a debian libtiff update recently broke megapixels; so, updated my version to the latest on pmos repo, 0.14.0.  Issue repeated.
Has anyone else had this problem, and know a fix?
Thanks.
(02-13-2021, 03:30 PM)spartacus Wrote: Have  successfully used megapixels in the past.  Tried taking a photo today and experienced the following failure symptoms:
1.  megapixels launches normally, with normal viewfinder performance
2.  after clicking the shutter button, the spinner indicator never stops spinning (even after several minutes)
2a.  Other megapixel buttons (settings, folders, etc.) respond normally
2b.  /tmp/megapixels.set_of_random_chars folder created; however, is empty
3.  i close megapixels normally
4.  re-opening megapixels repeats step 1
5.  after clicking the shutter button, megapixels quickly closes itself
5a. /tmp/megapixels.another_set_of_random_chars folder created.  Contains single 59 kB file 0.dng.
6.  Steps 5 and 6 repeat until rebooting pmos CE pinephone, running pmos phosh.  After which steps 1 through 3 behavior occurs, and then 4 through 6.
Read a post that a debian libtiff update recently broke megapixels; so, updated my version to the latest on pmos repo, 0.14.0.  Issue repeated.
Has anyone else had this problem, and know a fix?
Thanks.

Update:
Found a work around at:
https://todo.sr.ht/~martijnbraam/Megapixels/45

camera now working.
That worked. Then megapixels updated this weekend and nah.
Hello

I confirm there are still issues with megapixel after the latest updates for 20.05. I've been running this release since the beginning of September 2020 and, when I tried it the first time, megapixels was working fine. I could still take good pictures in November.

Then, apparently after some update a few weeks ago, the color balance in the "live view" was suddenly off, as well as the aspect ratio, but I could still save "pictures" which, however, were completely unusable (colored, straight lines on a black background).

It seems that the behavior varies, too, depending on some variable unknown to me. For example, today I started megapixels and still got the mentioned color balance and aspect ratio issues in the "live view". I tried saving a picture, but the shutter button hung with its circling animation. Then I closed the application.

A few minutes later (I didn't reboot the phone) I started megapixels again, and this time the color balance was just fine, as well as the aspect ratio. The recorded picture, however, was unusable (some reddish, highly pixelated pattern).
if you manually installed tiff to fix megapixels then you need to add tiff from the repos again
Code:
sudo apk add tiff
you may also need to upgrade

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma mobile latest stable @pp1.2b voice calling audio issue n05ph3r42 3 736 10-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Pinephone 64 PostMarketOS edition Battery Issues, Not Hardware Issue X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,341 02-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: acid andy
  Updating issue Hobbes42 4 5,186 01-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Hobbes42
  pmaports root & boot mount issue dustfinger 0 1,954 07-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: dustfinger