modem not detected
So I got a problem with my modem, the phone will not connect to cellular service and it's not detected by the software. This has been an issue from day 1 with the phone and its a Manjaro CE 2GB version (I also have a 3GB version that works just fine). Tried opening an issue with the company but there response has been lack-luster and i have given up with them.
-- carrier is AT&T
-- Yes the switches are are on tried cycling on/off several times and verified the switch is good
-- using the sim card that works in my 3GB phone
-- manually entering in APN does nothing
-- phone has never showed missing sim card icon with or without sim card installed
-- confirmed coaxial cable is plugged in fully, even swapped out for the one on the 3GB phone
-- physically main board and solder pads look good
-- running the auto test it will hang up when testing the modem is i cancel the test then re-launch it the modem says it passes. Going to the debug button will sometimes not show anything, sometimes will be some info always missing IMSI though, it will also never read the sim card. if it does bring up modem info there will barely be a signal.
-- WiFi always work, I have no use for Bluetooth so i never tested but seems to be ok

-- I get this when i run dmesg;

dmesg | grep -i modem
modem-power serial-0: the modem didn't report powerup success in time

forcibly cutting off power, data loss may occur.

power up failed

-- no modem is listed when i run lsusb

-- mmcli -m any
errror: couldn't find modem

-- nmcli c
will list wifi and anbox

-- sudo bash -c “pinephone-modem-stop.sh && pinephone-modem-start.sh && pinephone-modem-setup.sh”
will do nothing and still no modem listed with lsusb, mmcli, etc.

-- can not get into EDL mode to update firmware, after jumping test points on the board no modem is listed with lsusb still! :@ (treied many times with different jumpers)
-- when i run the firmware from @Biktorgj
quectel_eg25_recovery
./qfirehose -f ./
Quectel module not found
qfirehose.c main 324 fail

--I have tried a lot of different distros both from the multi-boot and eMMC install with jumpdrive(manjaro plasma, lomiri, and phosh, Mobian, Arch, Postmarket OS, Sxmo, Sailfish, etc.)

I have been off and on dealing with this issue for months now and have kind of reached my limit with this phone, please any help will be much appreciated. I have not seen this particular issue in the forums either and maybe I have the one dud out there. :( 

Cheers,
al_x
Based on detailed debugging info you've provided, it is highly possible that you unfortunately got a bad modem.  I would try creating an official ticket with Pine64 support and asking for a replacement board.
(02-13-2021, 04:14 PM)dsimic Wrote: Based on detailed debugging info you've provided, it is highly possible that you unfortunately got a bad modem.  I would try creating an official ticket with Pine64 support and asking for a replacement board.

I`ve got the same problem since more than a year, thinking it was a software issue.
Can you help me please?
(02-15-2023, 06:31 AM)michelinux Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:14 PM)dsimic Wrote: Based on detailed debugging info you've provided, it is highly possible that you unfortunately got a bad modem.  I would try creating an official ticket with Pine64 support and asking for a replacement board.

I`ve got the same problem since more than a year, thinking it was a software issue.
Can you help me please?

Please open a new thread, you are necrobumping an old one from 2021

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 1,546 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 518 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 14 5,548 03-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  modem not working michelinux 0 914 02-16-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: michelinux
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 5,342 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on. purpletiger 4 2,828 07-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  The modem does not recognize Korean SIM cards (what?) bdicewk 9 4,098 06-13-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Modem Hardware bad? Not ready for 5g?? linux76 8 4,675 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Modem in failed state, not sending/receiving SMS brb78 5 3,653 03-31-2022, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Modem Dead? grimlok 5 3,447 03-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: bcnaz