Next Steps
I've done all the testing that I can on the tablet in the current limited state.
I am trying to stay with Ubuntu touch if at all possible.
The next steps I really need to see is to be able to install software that I use and give the tablet a real world workout by using it on the road.
The store does not have anything that I use and apt does not work to get them from the channels nor can I install from a deb on a USB stick.
I thought the early adopters were in place to provide feedback to Pine on the tablet operation and hardware stability, but cannot perform this function without having my environment working.

Is there a Pine person on the forum that can answer when will this happen?
(02-10-2021, 09:20 AM)khbehrens Wrote: I've done all the testing that I can on the tablet in the current limited state.
I am trying to stay with Ubuntu touch if at all possible.
The next steps I really need to see is to be able to install software that I use and give the tablet a real world workout by using it on the road.
The store does not have anything that I use and apt does not work to get them from the channels nor can I install from a deb on a USB stick.
I thought the early adopters were in place to provide feedback to Pine on the tablet operation and hardware stability, but cannot perform this function without having my environment working.

Is there a Pine person on the forum that can answer when will this happen?
I wish I could. I still have no File Manager (blank screen), Terminal (rotating blue disk) and three items in System settings. Also, my SD slot is either missing or covered in plastic. Log files aren't giving any clues as to why.
> I am trying to stay with Ubuntu touch if at all possible.

I would suggest that other OSes are more advanced for hardware support and daily-driver capability. As I understand it, UB Touch are working on upgrading their base OS version rather than trying to make support for this device better (in the short term at least).

> I thought the early adopters were in place to provide feedback to Pine on the tablet operation and hardware stability, but cannot perform this function without having my environment working.

There are for sure some hardware issues with the PineTab, but it's unclear what will be done to fix those. For example, the charging circuit really sucks as the CPU can draw power faster than the battery can charge. Many people also complain about the lack of RAM - the first version only had 1GB, the early adopters had 2GB, so fingers crossed the next batch get 3GB. We are also waiting for the M.2. expansion card and SDR card.