Adding Gyrometer
Hi Team,

I was wondering if a gyrometer could be added to the hardware ... There is an accelerometer that is useful but not enough for getting enough move gesture metrics and do analysis to clearly identify the moves.

Thanks for your feedback.

KotKot77
(02-10-2021, 09:20 AM)KotKot77 Wrote: Hi Team,

I was wondering if a gyrometer could be added to the hardware ... There is an accelerometer that is useful but not enough for getting enough move gesture metrics and do analysis to clearly identify the moves.

Thanks for your feedback.

KotKot77
With the current privacy issues on android and iOS devices using the gyro-meter and accelerometer to track location if it didn't have a hardware switch I wouldn't want it. Privacy is the main reason I use this device.
> I was wondering if a gyrometer could be added to the hardware ... There is an accelerometer that is useful but not enough for getting enough move gesture metrics and do analysis to clearly identify the moves.

Good luck getting _any_ hardware changes at all. I was told "no" to the simple addition of a programming header... There isn't so much space in the device and they really do not want to modify the chassis.

I don't believe you will so easily derive movement gestures anyway, you have the drift problem. This can be solved mostly, but you can get pretty good gesture information from just an accelerometer.
Yep, a magnetometer would be also useful to eliminate the drift ...

This is normaly what every wearable should provide ...
(02-10-2021, 09:20 AM)KotKot77 Wrote: I was wondering if a gyrometer could be added to the hardware ... There is an accelerometer that is useful but not enough for getting enough move gesture metrics and do analysis to clearly identify the moves.

It's very unlikely that the current design would be changed, it's not something trivial to do. Maybe a separate, next design could.

(02-10-2021, 09:38 AM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote: With the current privacy issues on android and iOS devices using the gyro-meter and accelerometer to track location if it didn't have a hardware switch I wouldn't want it. Privacy is the main reason I use this device.

You are always free to pick the firmware running on the watch, this is no reason to resist adding a sensor to the device for those that wish to have it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding GPS kessel 5 7,975 04-12-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: LinuxSBC