First time working on the PineTime Dev Kit
Hi Everyone,

I have just gone through most of your documentation and I am interested in working with micropython on my PineTime dev kit. However, I seem to be having some difficulty updating the firmware. I currently am using IOS nRF Connect and attempted to update the firmware on my Pinetime. I make a successful connection and upload the micropython.zip  the screen shows a firmware update and it says image loaded ok. At this time it resets and reboots. The PineTime logo shows and it looks like it did when I first opened the package. I have just received this PineTime in Jan 2021 It says the version is PineTime 0.7.1 I'm starting to wonder if I have one that still has the flash protection turned on. Looking forward to learning how to develop for this.
Hello!

I've heard that InifiniTime was not (yet ?) compatible with iOS.
If you ordered your PineTime in January it shouldn't be locked. From memory, if you had a sticker on the screen when you received it means it's not locked, otherwise it's more likely to be.
You should try to update your PT with hardware, like with an ST-Link (cheap and working), a Rasp... More info on this wiki page.
Last versions of InfiniTime are more stable with Bluetooth and OTA updates.
Sounds like you are trying to install wasp-os which means you will need to adapt the instructions in the docs for iOS (IIUC on iOS you still have nRF Connect so it should work more or less the same). See: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...4-pinetime

It is important to install the wasp-bootloader (reloader-mcuboot.zip) *before* attempting to install wasp-os itself (micropython.zip) and I think that's why it is not working for you at the moment. Note that you can see the whole process (install wasp-os from infinitime and infinitime from wasp-os) in this video which may also offer clues about what you are doing differently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPasAt1LJmo

PS Always be sure the battery is well charged before running *any* of the reloader tools. If the power runs out when the blue-to-white pinecone still has blue in it then you will need to use an SWD programmer to recover the device.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(02-10-2021, 03:22 AM)danielt Wrote: Sounds like you are trying to install wasp-os which means you will need to adapt the instructions in the docs for iOS (IIUC on iOS you still have nRF Connect so it should work more or less the same). See: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...4-pinetime

It is important to install the wasp-bootloader (reloader-mcuboot.zip) *before* attempting to install wasp-os itself (micropython.zip) and I think that's why it is not working for you at the moment. Note that you can see the whole process (install wasp-os from infinitime and infinitime from wasp-os) in this video which may also offer clues about what you are doing differently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPasAt1LJmo

PS Always be sure the battery is well charged before running *any* of the reloader tools. If the power runs out when the blue-to-white pinecone still has blue in it then you will need to use an SWD programmer to recover the device.

Oh I see the video shows a two step process to setup the bootloader. Yes I definitely missed that part. thank you Daniel Big Grin

Oh an I meant to mention before that when I first tried the builds from the instructions my apt get could not get the libsdlc2-2.0.0 instead I had to do a get on libsdlc2-2.0-0 and that was able to update my dependencies on my Linux Mint OS everything else is working as expected. Thanks again for the fantastic work!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime BLE connection pinemike 2 3,187 01-19-2022, 07:45 AM
Last Post: pinemike
  Fine Times with the Pine Time - Review and Getting Started guide ReleaseTheGeese 5 4,419 11-30-2021, 12:21 PM
Last Post: danielt
  Amazfish connect to pinetime espenbo 0 1,291 09-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: espenbo
  Switching between two PineTime in Wasp-os Mpoint 4 5,750 06-28-2021, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Mpoint
  Switching your PineTime between InfiniTime and Wasp-os Peetz0r 1 3,793 06-09-2021, 04:18 AM
Last Post: danielt
  Flashing PineTime with 3rd party bootloader Mpoint 2 4,381 04-07-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble
  First Time User jaysprout 3 6,557 08-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Last Post: jaysprout
  Article: Visual Rust for PineTime Smart Watch lupyuen 1 4,346 03-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Article: CHIP-8 Game Emulator in Rust for PineTime Smart Watch lupyuen 0 2,800 03-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Article: Debug RIOT-OS on PineTime with VSCode lupyuen 0 2,707 02-02-2020, 01:43 AM
Last Post: lupyuen