PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread
(02-10-2021, 02:45 AM)fpb4 Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 05:37 PM)Luke Wrote: [February 5, 2021]  Mobian CE PinePhones destined for all of European countries, bar the UK, will be dispatched on February 8th from the EU warehouse. This means that all those in Europe (minus UK) should receive their PinePhones by February 21.

Mobian CE PinePhones destined for the USA, Canada, Australia and other destinations will be shipped between February 22 and the 28th from Hong Kong. We initially hoped to ship all Mobian CE PinePhones prior to Chinese New Year (starting February 9th), but unfortunately logistics issues with the KDE CE and other factors prevented this from happening. Stay tuned for further news after CNY.

Thx for the update - Switzerland considered Europe? Didn't get notification neither from the Pine store nor DHL reg. #167343 thus far.

I'd second that.
As far as I am concerned, due to the bilateral agreements, Switzerland should be treated as a member of the EU customs union in that regard.
(02-10-2021, 04:39 AM)Tharadash Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 05:37 PM)Luke Wrote: [February 5, 2021]  Mobian CE PinePhones destined for all of European countries, bar the UK, will be dispatched on February 8th from the EU warehouse. This means that all those in Europe (minus UK) should receive their PinePhones by February 21.

Mobian CE PinePhones destined for the USA, Canada, Australia and other destinations will be shipped between February 22 and the 28th from Hong Kong. We initially hoped to ship all Mobian CE PinePhones prior to Chinese New Year (starting February 9th), but unfortunately logistics issues with the KDE CE and other factors prevented this from happening. Stay tuned for further news after CNY.

Thx for the update - Switzerland considered Europe? Didn't get notification neither from the Pine store nor DHL reg. #167343 thus far.

I'd second that.
As far as I am concerned, due to the bilateral agreements, Switzerland should be treated as a member of the EU customs union in that regard.

Good question - I actually don't know. Let me ask and get back to you.

[edit] I checked, no Switzerland is serviced by Hong Kong.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(02-10-2021, 05:44 AM)Luke Wrote:

I'd second that.

@Luke - thanks for the quick turnaround - Is that due to actual trade agreements and settled or can this be revisited in the future?
(02-10-2021, 06:49 AM)fpb4 Wrote:

I'd second that.

@Luke - thanks for the quick turnaround - Is that due to actual trade agreements and settled or can this be revisited in the future?
I don't actually know this with certainty (in general, I am trying to stay away from shipping, support and logistics... not in the least because the teams hate when we meddle in their work), but I am fairly certain it has something to do with actual trade agreements. We are, however, investigating alternative shipping options and routes. That said, the current pandemic, and the closed Hong Kong - mainland China border, really limit our options.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(02-10-2021, 02:45 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Thx for the update - Switzerland considered Europe? Didn't get notification neither from the Pine store nor DHL reg. #167343 thus far.

I'm also in CH and ordered the Mobian CE Edition. I also haven't received any shipping confirmation yet.

Last time I ordered from the PineStore it shipped within 5 days from CN to CH, so I think in both cases we should get our phones soon.
(02-10-2021, 08:03 AM)Luke Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 06:49 AM)fpb4 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:45 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Thx for the update - Switzerland considered Europe? Didn't get notification neither from the Pine store nor DHL reg. #167343 thus far.

I'd second that.

I don't actually know this with certainty (in general, I am trying to stay away from shipping, support and logistics... not in the least because the teams hate when we meddle in their work), but I am fairly certain it has something to do with actual trade agreements. We are, however, investigating alternative shipping options and routes. That said, the current pandemic, and the closed Hong Kong - mainland China border, really limit our options.

Hi @Luke 
Thanks for letting us know!
It's quite a bummer - however I'm sure your shipping team will choose the most effective / least hassle way of shipping.
After all, we Swiss are responsible for this situation since we voted against joining the European Economic Area in 1992... ;-)
Hi Luke,
when do you expect Mobian with Convergence Package to be available for [pre-]ordering again?
Thanks
(02-15-2021, 03:56 AM)mr.kojak Wrote: Hi Luke,
when do you expect Mobian with Convergence Package to be available for [pre-]ordering again?
Thanks

The run of community editions has ended and next up will be production of just generic Pinephones that may ship with a default OS. The hardware will stay the same, there should be more information in the upcoming blog.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

I'd second that.

Not to be snarky, however, this probably is going to come out that way; it's more off topic, however, in my attempt to understand the EU and how countries like yours fit into it, I'm asking:

I see the EU is a nothing more then an attempt to have the same "method" of trade and leadership we enjoy here in the US, however, I feel it's probably not going to work.

Here's my thinking, in the US, we all started from the same "place" a single country that was governed by a single point of leadership, you want to be a state, the new state is "controlled" by the central governemnt for a fair length of time, then after they have abandoned all their internal "national" identity, they become a state.

In the EU, you have many points of leadership, very strong national identity's, and it's very hard to change the course of these government. While adding new "states" to the EU, you still have these national identity's to deal with, while we in the US we don't have this same issue.

I see these shipping issues that we'd see in the US if some company decided that they wouldn't serve XYZ state due to their local laws - customs as an example.

Now that I've thrown out my understanding, how do things work concerning non-EU countries? Is it like me shipping something to Canada, or China shipping something to me; normally no customs fees, however, it does go through Customs, and Canada did shut down all shipping from the US for a while last year.

To further add to my confusion, I see Brexit as Texas getting fed up with the way the US is going, and deciding they are not going to "play" anymore. Texas would now have their own Customs and Trade issues to deal with - Brexit's current issues.

I see this whole proccess as very fascinating; you guys have buildings older then the US has been a county.

Thanks,
Denis
I have a query about my Order #134693 (PINEPHONE - “Community Edition: UBports" Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone)

The tracking status is expired. It's supposed to be delivered to NL but the last information I have is "2020-10-09 01:44, Greenford MC, Item Despatched to Hayes DO" which is in the UK.

is still scheduled to be delivered ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,290 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,603 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,158 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,689 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,783 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,624 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,887 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM