What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future?
I would like Bleachbit "as Root" to work, ...... "as User" is working now..!
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-27-2021, 10:06 AM)TheBlindEarthican Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 04:28 AM)Avisando Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 03:34 AM)kern707 Wrote: What native (mobile optimized) applications would you like to see becoming available for the PinePhone in the near future?

I am not talking about existing applications that are currently not compatible, I am talking about applications that exist on other platforms (such as Android), but are not available for linux phones, and that you would love to have on your PinePhone.

This thread is in order to put together some opinions, that will help developers decide what the end-customer really need / want on their PinePhone, and maybe give it a higher priority.

Any input will be very much appreciated :-)

A YouTube client like NewPipe would be helpful.

Have you tried SXMO (Post Market OS & Arch Linux Arm support it)? It comes with youtube-dl scripts for video or audio only through mpv. It's a bit of a learning curve but really reliable after learning the basics.

No I have never tried it, thanks for the information. Smile
> I would really like a "Desktop" phone answering machine app.,
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
An App for the New Pinephone keyboard ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-08-2021, 08:22 AM)TRS-80 Wrote: In fact, I would politely suggest to stop using "services" from any company who are so obnoxious as to think they deserve to run unknown, proprietary code on your device, just to protect their private, dinosaur business model.

You do know that your wifi, bluetooth, GPU, have proprietary blobs right? How about intel's IME and AMD's equivalent. 

Snark like this bothers me. You have proprietary code on your computer right now in some fashion.
(06-01-2022, 08:37 AM)SwordfishII Wrote: You do know that your wifi, bluetooth, GPU, have proprietary blobs right? How about intel's IME and AMD's equivalent. 

In fact, my AP (Access Point; WNDR3800 running libreCMC), GPUs and chipsets (Asus KGPE-D16 and Intel GPU based ThinkPad T60s running Libreboot) are all running fully Free Software, thank you very much. Especially no IME type stuff, as I find that particularly egregious. Of course this all took some effort on my part.

(06-01-2022, 08:37 AM)SwordfishII Wrote: Snark like this bothers me. You have proprietary code on your computer right now in some fashion.

Even if I did (and I still do in a few places, like some SBCs, other GPUs, PinePhone, etc.), I still don't follow your logic.

1. Does that make the behavior of companies who do that any less sociopathic? I don't think so.

2. Should we just give up then, and accept this terrible state of affairs? I don't think so.

I think it is very much worth working towards the end goal of fully Free Software, as much and as often as possible. It's not an all or nothing proposition. This is not only my point of view, in fact this is the official position of the Free Software Foundation.[0]

[0] I could not find a link just now, but I could swear I have read this somewhere on FSF website before.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Spotify, Duolingo. Perhaps a bank app.
I don't have any antivirus, which is a little worrying.
signal and waze

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 285 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 189 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 454 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 107,201 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,695 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 563 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,220 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 465 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,613 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,812 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma