Plasma KDE - Always stuck on the loading page
Exclamation 
Hi,
yesterday I got my PinePhone Plasma Mobile KDE (very nice...) and started to use it.
Didn't insert my SIM and worked for a while with wi-fi. Tried to install "cheese" to see if the camera worked but the phone stuck on the initial loading page of the application. So I turned off and turned on again the phone several times (also removing the battery) but all I got is always the same black screen, with the white loading lines (the last two ones are: "33.7574321 avdd-csi : disabling" and "33.7610781 usb-5v: disabling").
In other words, can't get the OS start again properly and the phone is sort of "bricked" Huh 

Any help?

Thanks.
(02-03-2021, 03:28 AM)IMSAI8080 Wrote: Hi,
yesterday I got my PinePhone Plasma Mobile KDE (very nice...) and started to use it.
Didn't insert my SIM and worked for a while with wi-fi. Tried to install "cheese" to see if the camera worked but the phone stuck on the initial loading page of the application. So I turned off and turned on again the phone several times (also removing the battery) but all I got is always the same black screen, with the white loading lines (the last two ones are: "33.7574321 avdd-csi : disabling" and "33.7610781 usb-5v: disabling").
In other words, can't get the OS start again properly and the phone is sort of "bricked" Huh 

Any help?

Thanks.
Hello, I got the same phone two days ago and I have the same issue. I just get a black screen, not even a logo. It would be very helpful if anybody could help us.
Hi,

I don't know for this specific problem, this need to be checked with a plasma-mobile devs, but you can at least use an other OS with a microSD card meanwhile. Just chose one and follow instructions on https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...e_Releases and insert the microSD card, it will have priority over internal OS, and you'll be able to use your phone again.

I have also the KDE community edition, and after updating it it works well for me (haven't tested cheese though).
(02-03-2021, 11:26 AM)Goffi Wrote: Hi,

I don't know for this specific problem, this need to be checked with a plasma-mobile devs, but you can at least use an other OS with a microSD card meanwhile. Just chose one and follow instructions on https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...e_Releases and insert the microSD card, it will have priority over internal OS, and you'll be able to use your phone again.

I have also the KDE community edition, and after updating it it works well for me (haven't tested cheese though).
Hi,
sure, with a microSD card, the phone should work again...
Thanks Goffi.
Anyway, as you suggested, I'm also going to ask to Plasma devs how to fix the internal OS.
I'm not an expert but think that working with a microSD doesn't allow you to install applications (at least, permanently), so everytime you swich off/on your phone, the OS you were working with before (and the others on the microSD) remains always in the same "initial" state, or am I wrong?
I've never tried these images with multiple OS's on them. But if you install a single OS to the SD card, e.g. Mobian or Arch, you get just the same experience as if the OS is installed on the internal SD. You can install applications and reboot and it won't revert back to its initial state. For the first few months of having my Pinephone I only used the SD card and it was fine.
(02-05-2021, 08:27 AM)moodroid Wrote: I've never tried these images with multiple OS's on them. But if you install a single OS to the SD card, e.g. Mobian or Arch, you get just the same experience as if the OS is installed on the internal SD. You can install applications and reboot and it won't revert back to its initial state. For the first few months of having my Pinephone I only used the SD card and it was fine.
Thanks, moodroid, that's a terrific!
Now, I'm working on p-boot bootloader on my SD card (https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/): want to give it a try (if I make it...). Hope it's the same as you said about single OS on SD card.
If everything goes fine, I'll work to flash KDE on eMMC (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9444).
Anyway, good idea to use the SD card for the first few months: I'm going to do that when the phone will be fixed Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proximity lock on Plasma Mobile alpineduck 0 977 08-14-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: alpineduck
Information Quick&dirty VPN quick setting button for Plasma Mobile Kevin Kofler 0 1,032 04-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Stuck on K logo mazanax 1 1,274 03-21-2023, 08:08 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Plasma Mobile goes back to lockscreen when the phone isn't charging plaristote 4 4,032 06-12-2021, 09:06 AM
Last Post: plaristote
  Trying to port an app on Plasma Mobile and Mobian: black screen Goffi 2 3,090 02-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Goffi
  SMS troubles on Plasma Mobile buttonmasher13 0 1,472 02-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: buttonmasher13
  Plasma question - just curious... moodroid 2 2,982 01-23-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: moodroid
  Screen timeout setting in Plasma? bitnick 0 1,828 11-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Last Post: bitnick
  KDE (Plasma Mobile) by Default Prescience500 3 5,154 09-11-2020, 01:55 AM
Last Post: fooxl
  Whats happening to plasma? Cree 3 4,841 08-28-2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Cree