Poll: What is your favorite distro+interface for the PinePhone?
Manjaro (Phosh)
16.22%
Manjaro (Plasma Mobile)
21.62%
Mobian (jwm)
0%
Mobian (lxde)
0%
Mobian (openbox)
0%
Mobian (Phosh)
62.16%
Mobian (xfce4)
0%
Nemo Mobile (Glacier)
0%
NixOS (Phosh)
0%
OpenMandriva Lx (Plasma Mobile)
0%
37 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll 2: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone?
I'm curious what people say is their favorite distro and interface on the PinePhone. Because the forum software only allows 10 options in polls and I count 35 different combinations of distros and interfaces, I'm creating 4 different polls, and will combine the four polls when tallying the results:

Poll 1:
Arch Linux (Phosh)
AVMultiPhone (Mate)
Fedora (GNOME)
Fedora (Phosh)
Gentoo (Phosh)
GloDroid (Android)
KDE Neon (Plasma Mobile)
LuneOS (Luna Next)
Maemo Leste (Hildon)
Manjaro (Lomiri)
----
Poll 2:
Manjaro (Phosh)
Manjaro (Plasma Mobile)
Mobian (jwm)
Mobian (lxde)
Mobian (openbox)
Mobian (Phosh)
Mobian (xfce4)
Nemo Mobile (Glacier)
NixOS (Phosh)
OpenMandriva Lx (Plasma Mobile)
----
Poll 3:
openSUSE (Phosh)
openSUSE (Plasma Mobile)
postmarketOS (i3wm)
postmarketOS (Kodi)
postmarketOS (Lomiri)
postmarketOS (Mate)
postmarketOS (Phosh)
postmarketOS (Plasma Mobile)
postmarketOS (Sway)
postmarketOS (Xfce4)
-----
Poll 4:
PureOS (Phosh)
Sailfish OS (Silica)
Sxmo (Suckless buttons interface)
Ubuntu Touch (Lomiri)
Other (explain in comments)

Please vote in one of the 4 polls. If you can't decide which is your favorite combination of distro/interface, then you can vote for multiple options. If I missed a distro/interface, please vote for "Other" and add a comment to this thread to explain your choice and I will tally it.

Results are tallied at: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...6#pid88876
I prefer the Phosh interface,  of the Distro's I have tested and played with,  at this time my choices would be :
1) Mobian/Phosh
2) Post Market O.S./Phosh
3) Arch/Phosh
In the beginning on my Brave Heart phone I WAS very impressed with UBPorts,  They were the first OS that worked on my Brave Heart.
Somewhere along the line they just completely "Dropped the Ball".  (in my opinion)

(For new users Ubuntu is probably the easiest to operate and learn Linux, 
          but it ultimately they seem to be following the MS route to privacy issues and "Non-Foss")
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I agree. Phosh Based systems seem to be the way to go. They are less flashy but when it comes down to stability and just straight up working, phosh wins. Also, the little button that forces the keyboard open is a life saver at times. Why none of the other platforms like Plasma have that is beyond me.
Personally, I prefer Manjaro Phosh. It seems to have more features and tweaks and gives a very smooth user experience. (They have also been updating like CRAZY the last little while which has only made functionality better.) Mobian is another excellent distro and is also very stable and performs great but I have always been curious. Why do so many people prefer it over Manjaro Phosh? Isn't its performance and stability about equal? If there is a feature that it has that is missing from Manjaro I would love to know!

Edit: I did hear that Mobian was more friendly to other languages so I could certainly see that playing a part.
I am very surprised that neither Arch64 or Post Market are not making a good showing ?

I have both OS's running very well on a few of my testing phones. (with PureTalk sims)

> Both have : Talk, text. data, even working camera's "at the moment", (in beta, updates can occasionally break stuff of course)

> I wonder how many just stay with the "Factory operating system" ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,088 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,523 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,601 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,668 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Record videos with OG PP trough GUI interface today alaraajavamma 7 1,338 10-14-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton