A64 TDP / max CPU temperature
Question 
Hi.

What is the TDP or maximum, safe temperature for the A64+ board?

I have a heatsink attached but I would still like to make sure I know what the safe temperature range is. I'm using htop to see the current temperature reading.
As far as I know, it should just thermal throttle.
(02-01-2021, 02:25 AM)barray Wrote: As far as I know, it should just thermal throttle.

Thanks. That should prevent the CPU from getting to hot but I'm curious where the threshold is. 70°C? 80°C? 90°C?

While running a CPU-intensive app, the temperature kept going up. Knowing the threshold would also help me see how effective the heatsink is.
(02-01-2021, 03:35 AM)grobbs Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 02:25 AM)barray Wrote: As far as I know, it should just thermal throttle.

Thanks. That should prevent the CPU from getting to hot but I'm curious where the threshold is. 70°C? 80°C? 90°C?

While running a CPU-intensive app, the temperature kept going up. Knowing the threshold would also help me see how effective the heatsink is.

In theory you could just keep increasing the temperature until you see the clock speed go down.

In general, try to keep it below 80 degrees, 70 degrees for prolonged use.

A small thermal mass (heat sink) is only really effective for short bursts of performance. If you want prolonged cooling you'll need active cooling, like a fan.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a temperature sensor on Pine? Informatica 12 13,233 06-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Ghost