Mobian PIN changed after update!
In Mobian, The "Software" application wasn't working, so I used apt-get to upgrade packages and while updating, the screen locked but it will no longer accept the default PIN.

Any idea what happened?
maybe it was the app your using . I used "sudo apt upgrade" worked fine. However , like you I have T-mobile while the little $%*^&(%*)(* works well with a Cricket SIM it will not see the T-mobile SIM. I've loaded just about every OS out there and NONE see the T-mobile SIM. If you get it figured out please let me know. I did try using the VOLTe profile they suggested for T-mobile. That was a bust. Maybe the correct VOLTe profile. I'm at a lose.
(01-29-2021, 10:03 PM)danielrs80 Wrote: maybe it was the app your using .  I used "sudo apt upgrade" worked fine.  However , like you I have T-mobile while the little $%*^&(%*)(*  works well with a Cricket SIM it will not see the T-mobile SIM. I've loaded just about every OS out there and NONE see the T-mobile SIM.  If you get it figured out please let me know. I did try using the VOLTe profile they suggested for T-mobile. That was a bust.  Maybe the correct VOLTe profile. I'm at a lose.

I used apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The Mobian 'Software" app wouldn't work.

T-Mobile worked first try with the latest Mobian image on an SD card. No need to run any commands.

Before that I tried getting it working with Manjaro with KDE Plasma but had no luck. The card would show in settings until after I ran the commands on the wiki, and then it'd disappear.
I hate the software application and generally uninstall it to be rid if its irksome prompts and behaviours. And thus of course do everything with apt.

The password problem is a phosh "feature" - seems to me to be pretty rare and I just hard power off and reboot.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-30-2021, 03:22 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: I hate the software application and generally uninstall it to be rid if its irksome prompts and behaviours. And thus of course do everything with apt.

The password problem is a phosh "feature" - seems to me to be pretty rare and I just hard power off and reboot.

I finally did a hard reboot. When it rebooted I got a message "Oh no! Something went wrong." with a button to log out.
After that only a black screen. Subsequent reboots did the same.

So I wiped the SD card and started over. It's working fine now, except the Software application, which I think I will remove. I don't think I'll be installing to the emmc until I have more faith it isn't going to die like that.
I'm running into a similar problem, but the pin is getting changed while I'm doing an apt update, not using the Software application. I did try to update via ssh, but found the connection dropped and I couldn't get back in. Updates from KingsCross were faster, it seemed, but once the screen locked, well, you know the rest.

There does seem to be a GitLab issue with Mobian:

https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/174

I'll be trying some of these suggestions once I have time, will report back if anything of use comes of it.
(02-03-2021, 10:53 AM)signal9 Wrote: I'm running into a similar problem, but the pin is getting changed while I'm doing an apt update, not using the Software application. I did try to update via ssh, but found the connection dropped and I couldn't get back in. Updates from KingsCross were faster, it seemed, but once the screen locked, well, you know the rest.

I'll be trying some of these suggestions once I have time, will report back if anything of use comes of it.

I was using apt-get because the Software application was not working, so it was the same problem.
(02-04-2021, 10:44 AM)Mwo87 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 10:53 AM)signal9 Wrote: I'm running into a similar problem, but the pin is getting changed while I'm doing an apt update, not using the Software application. I did try to update via ssh, but found the connection dropped and I couldn't get back in. Updates from KingsCross were faster, it seemed, but once the screen locked, well, you know the rest.

I was using apt-get because the Software application was not working, so it was the same problem.
I don't think it really changes the pin. It's just the update locks you out if it finishes in the terminal and the screen is off. It needs a restart to finish the install, holding the power button in, powering off then powering back on will usually finish the install and your pin will work again. At least that has worked for me.
(02-04-2021, 12:35 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:

I don't think it really changes the pin. It's just the update locks you out if it finishes in the terminal and the screen is off. It needs a restart to finish the install, holding the power button in, powering off then powering back on will usually finish the install and your pin will work again. At least that has worked for me.

I mentioned above that rebooting led to an unusable phone. Obviously there are some issues that still need ironing out and keeping Mobian on the SD card instead of installing it seems a reasonable precaution for now.
(02-04-2021, 04:28 PM)Mwo87 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 12:35 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:

I mentioned above that rebooting led to an unusable phone. Obviously there are some issues that still need ironing out and keeping Mobian on the SD card instead of installing it seems a reasonable precaution for now.
I'm having the same problem as Mwo87 and Signal9. I can't get back in at all

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,601 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Cellular Data, Mobian - "No WWAN Adapter Found" justneedsomedatathanks 3 4,122 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: justneedsomedatathanks
  No longer waking up from sleep after recent update gamerminstrel 2 1,209 01-23-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  No sound after Mobian upgrade arbocenc 1 693 11-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: arbocenc
  no sdcard boot and manjaro update failed Gwen 3 1,301 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: fxc
Exclamation No wIfI after Mobian update crakabeats 3 2,002 11-03-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: wifinoworkie
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 4 2,208 09-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: dante404
  update kills keyboard ludgate 1 1,115 05-18-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: programmin
  PinePhone running Mobian - Malware extraction? names_fold 1 1,575 01-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian updates for phosh steves 2 1,994 01-17-2022, 02:18 AM
Last Post: bcnaz