Power LED flashing red/green...
During a compile job today the Power LED on my Pinebook Pro running ManjaroARM, Kernel 5.10.7 was starting to flash in red-green sequence and I noticed the OS got stuck.

Have had to do a hard reset (power off / on) to get it up and running again.

Already checked the wiki, but didn't find a hint what a flashing red/green Power LED means, so maybe someone can give me an advise please?

Note: I run the OS from an internal Intel SSD and just started experimenting with the newer kernel in ManjaroARM yesterday with different results. I switched back to the linux-pinebookpro kernel on ManjaroARM (5.7.9) after the system came up again, and the compile job was running without any hiccups... so might be a kernel issue eventually...
(01-25-2021, 11:17 AM)appelgriebsch Wrote: During a compile job today the Power LED on my Pinebook Pro running ManjaroARM, Kernel 5.10.7 was starting to flash in red-green sequence and I noticed the OS got stuck.

Have had to do a hard reset (power off / on) to get it up and running again.

Already checked the wiki, but didn't find a hint what a flashing red/green Power LED means, so maybe someone can give me an advise please?

Note: I run the OS from an internal Intel SSD and just started experimenting with the newer kernel in ManjaroARM yesterday with different results. I switched back to the linux-pinebookpro kernel on ManjaroARM (5.7.9) after the system came up again, and the compile job was running without any hiccups... so might be a kernel issue eventually...

I've just experienced the same issue.  I was just browsing in Chromium when it happened.  My system is a freshly installed Manjaro XFCE 20.12 with the latest updates applied.
(01-26-2021, 01:19 AM)dnikkel Wrote: I've just experienced the same issue.  I was just browsing in Chromium when it happened.  My system is a freshly installed Manjaro XFCE 20.12 with the latest updates applied.

Hey, maybe you can try installing the latest pinebookpro specific kernel via

Code:
pacman -S linux-pinebookpro linux-pinebookpro-headers

and check if the problem still exists?

On my end this kernel runs quite solid.
Sad 
(01-26-2021, 05:19 AM)Well, I had the same issue, and like a dummy I followed these instructions rather blindly. Previously, the PBP had encountered the flashing green/red one time (after a system update). I was able to shut it down and successfully boot it with the power key. I ran the command below, and now it wont boot, even as far as the "Manjaro" logo. It goes through the first screen, which would let me abort the boot (I think it drops me into grub or some other bootloader), but if I proceed I get to a black screen almost immediately.I'll probably just reinstall, I only just set this up a couple days ago. But thought I'd report my experience. I was a little nervous when it said it was going to remove "linux" and I guess I shoulda followed my gut!appelgriebsch Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 01:19 AM)dnikkel Wrote: I've just experienced the same issue.  I was just browsing in Chromium when it happened.  My system is a freshly installed Manjaro XFCE 20.12 with the latest updates applied.

Hey, maybe you can try installing the latest pinebookpro specific kernel via

Code:
pacman -S linux-pinebookpro linux-pinebookpro-headers

and check if the problem still exists?

On my end this kernel runs quite solid.

(Sorry to top post, looks like I'm 0/2 over here!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resume from suspend not working after flashing Tow-Boot to SPI xp19375 3 1,962 10-31-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Loud distorted speaker sound when connecting to power supply myself600 2 1,186 09-21-2022, 12:11 PM
Last Post: myself600
Big Grin PinephonePro can't Flashing to the eMMC ricardo 1 1,110 07-31-2022, 04:04 PM
Last Post: wpeckham
  u-boot flashing problem dex357 2 2,424 11-27-2021, 04:13 AM
Last Post: dex357
  red/green power led not working with kernel 5.14 alchemist 4 3,770 11-04-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: alchemist
  Disable the Power Button or make it do something else User 22018 6 6,532 08-20-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  UBOOT Errors after flashing new os to mmc aechanio 4 4,312 08-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Last Post: aechanio
  Pinebook Pro Manjaro Power Savinng Tips HelpMyBatteryIsDraining 1 2,448 06-15-2021, 08:42 AM
Last Post: moonwalkers
Question Flashing updated uboot in Manjaro TDC_PBP 5 7,836 05-28-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Freeze with flashing light wpeckham 2 3,437 01-31-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: wpeckham