Getting started
Swipe up in home menu
That worked.

Odd, I know I tried exactly that before with no luck.
Most things I've tried have worked, so it is going well.   Smile

I very much like the keyboard icon at the bottom that allows me to hide the keyboard. Not being able to always do that is a big gripe I have with Android.

Things I am still trying to figure out:

Power button doesn't bring up a reboot/shutdown option?
Volume buttons have no on-screen indicator?
No screen auto-rotate?
Last boot I found airplane mode was on, but I didn't set that.
Mobile data turned itself off once.
Need to find ways to test other sensors - gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, proximity sensor.

Also - The "Software" application crashes when selecting any category of software. Going to the updates or repositories screens gives a neverending spinning-busy indicator.

Thanks for the help everyone. Big Grin
I just realized that plugging the phone in to charge it automatically turns it on.

That certainly is surprising and annoying. Any way to disable that?
i just got pine phone. kde plasma community edition. this is my first linux in my life... and having a problem now. os successfully launched. it’s pre-installed. but i can’t close app at all by any move or any swipe. tried swipe up or swipe left. but it doesn’t work and i am stacked inside app now. i am too noob for this device but i really wanna use this.  i am looking for any tips.
(01-29-2021, 11:21 AM)Mwo87 Wrote: I just realized that plugging the phone in to charge it automatically turns it on.

That certainly is surprising and annoying. Any way to disable that?

Unfortunately no, this seems to be a hardware thing:
megi Wrote:When the phone is off and you insert the charger, this will normally lead to powering up the phone. It's not avoidable.
(02-01-2021, 06:53 AM)oichi Wrote: i just got pine phone. kde plasma community edition. this is my first linux in my life... and having a problem now. os successfully launched. it’s pre-installed. but i can’t close app at all by any move or any swipe. tried swipe up or swipe left. but it doesn’t work and i am stacked inside app now. i am too noob for this device but i really wanna use this.  i am looking for any tips.

its ok, i am not a linux noob and i am having similar problems, it is not you.

I dont even see a toolbar at the top of the screen indicating battery, signal etc that one would expect based on screenshots.

WIFI also worked once then stopped.
USB connection between dock and handset is BAD....

I understood this was a community developers edition product but.....
(02-01-2021, 12:46 PM)ckn Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 06:53 AM)oichi Wrote: i just got pine phone. kde plasma community edition. this is my first linux in my life... and having a problem now. os successfully launched. it’s pre-installed. but i can’t close app at all by any move or any swipe. tried swipe up or swipe left. but it doesn’t work and i am stacked inside app now. i am too noob for this device but i really wanna use this.  i am looking for any tips.

its ok, i am not a linux noob and i am having similar problems, it is not you.

I dont even see a toolbar at the top of the screen indicating battery, signal etc that one would expect based on screenshots.

WIFI also worked once then stopped.
USB connection between dock and handset is BAD....

I understood this was a community developers edition product but.....

I didn't have any trouble closing things on KDE, but do yourself a favor: Put Mobian on an SD card and use that. It is light years ahead of KDE Plasma in terms of functionality.

I just got my phone last week and Mobian has a few issues I've found but it seems more than capable of being my primary phone.

The Mobian app (called "Software") for installing new apps and updates is one of the things not currently working for me, so my advice is to just run Mobian from the SD card  for now and not install it to the phone's internal storage until things stabilize a bit.

Also note: You may find is the interface is a bit sluggish. I think that can be mostly explained due to running from the SD card instead of the internal storage, but it could be due to the software's immaturity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting started for developers lagrang3 5 1,438 07-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Photo Getting started with Mobian...stuck LG123 5 5,772 03-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Last Post: LG123
  CANT GET STARTED snow season 2 3,573 10-22-2020, 09:44 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Any other ham radio folks here? - started a repeater app. programmin 7 8,459 06-25-2020, 10:51 PM
Last Post: programmin