Notes on PostmarketOS
Finally got tired of trying to fix the autorotate on Arch, so I decided to go with PostmarketOS. Installed Jumpdrive on an SDCARD and mounted it on my Linux box. Got a strange error the first time I ran pmbootstrap -- but not sure why. Running it again seemed to fix. There were error messages about qemu-arm64-static.  

However, once I got past that I got locked into a death spiral where it tried to set up my password but it had not set up my user. I went into the chroot and edited /etc/passwd to add my ID as user 1000 (this was a mistake). This let me get through setup.

However, all was not well. I couldn't get KDE to start. Turns out my home directory wasn't set up for user 1000 but 10000. So a quick reboot into Jumpdrive to edit that did wonders. I also added a group 10000 with the same ID and added myself to /etc/sudoers because I was locked out of root otherwise.

That did the trick. All works well but no autorotate. However, manual rotation works fine. The Vivaldi arm64 build does not work Sad But otherwise seems good and also seems snappier than arch did. Network ok, sound ok, touchscreen ok. Did have to unmute and twiddle the mouse settings for sanity, but nothing major.
I was able to install iio_sensor_proxy and the iio devices are there, but Kscreen doesn't seem to know what to do. There are a few 3rd party autorotation schemes that use ruby and xrandr. None seem to work without tweaking I have yet to figure out (and installing those things, too, of course).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New images with 6.1 kernel won't boot (mobian / postmarketos) gischpelino 0 908 01-17-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: gischpelino
  Booting issue for postmarketos (tow-boot)? olyavi 0 982 09-15-2022, 05:38 AM
Last Post: olyavi