Which config file contains the APN specification field?
Settings > Cellular Networks > SIM Cards
  • data populated
  • phone is able to make and receive calls
  • phone is able to send and receive texts
Settings > Cellular Networks > Access Points
  • blank screen
  • no input field
Plasma v5.20.80

I'm not seeing any matches on -i apn under /etc.
I don't know the answer to your question but try looking around the modem-manager configs or see "man mm-cli", I think that's what handles the APN. You can also try to see if modem-manager-gui is available in your repos, it's a GTK+ app, you can set your APN details in there.

Disregard the above, @vkraven is right, I forgot Lomiri and Plasma use ofono and not modem-manager like phosh.
(01-22-2021, 09:06 PM)Harambest Wrote: Settings > Cellular Networks > SIM Cards
  • data populated
  • phone is able to make and receive calls
  • phone is able to send and receive texts
Settings > Cellular Networks > Access Points
  • blank screen
  • no input field
Plasma v5.20.80

I'm not seeing any matches on -i apn under /etc.

I believe it's in 

Code:
/usr/var/lib/ofono/[SIM_CARD_IMSI]/gprs

/usr/var/lib/ofono/[SIM_CARD_IMSI]/lte

You'll need to stop ofono.service first before modifying the two files.
Is there any bugs or anything I can try to get my SIM card to work under Manjaro Plasma? Its the only piece that doesnt seem to work for me while using it.

Carrier : Mint Mobile (works on another OS's)

Under settings,

Modem : Sometimes this is filled out with information, something not.

SIM Card : It just says SIM Card in a box - no data

APN Settings : I have never seen any information or data on this screen

Thanks,
Proud Owner : 
OG Pinephone 
Pinetime
Pinetab
(01-31-2021, 07:45 AM)Codenul Wrote: ...

Modem : Sometimes this is filled out with information, something not.

Hey! Just jumping in on this - I've experienced it before too. It looks like sometimes (after the phone goes to sleep), the modem does not wake up after the phone itself has woken up. When this happens to me on Manjaro Plasma, the "Modem" tab indeed goes blank. When the modem disappears, my SIM card and APN settings tabs also go blank. Other symptoms: trying to make an outbound call in the phone app will fail (no response after pressing the "call" button, sometimes the phone app will say "a phone call cannot be made at this time).

I know that this happens with all the OSes / distros, but I'm still not sure why it fails like this at "runtime" on Plasma. The dmesg logs look about the same to me between modem-wakeup-success, and modem-wakeup-failure. I know that some distros force the modem to power off and on to get connectivity back. E.g. I think PostmarketOS handles it using a userspace program eg25-manager. I think Manjaro relies on Megi's kernel to handle modem power cycling?

Interestingly, this wakeup-failure does not happen to me if the Plasma phone is woken up by the modem itself (i.e. receiving SMS/phone calls). But it does happen unpredictably if woken up by the user (tapping the screen or pressing the power button). It doesn't help that I get no visual indicator on whether the modem is dead or not, so I "test" this by trying to make a phone call after the phone wakes and seeing if the call goes through... Workaround at the moment is to reboot the phone.

Could you try a fresh reboot of your phone, and see if the "settings -> modem" tab gets populated? If it is, I found that you need to run

Code:
sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

in order to get an IP address and DNS nameserver assigned to wwan0 for mobile data. I put this command into a systemd startup script just to make it more automatic.
(01-31-2021, 09:30 AM)vkraven Wrote: Could you try a fresh reboot of your phone, and see if the "settings -> modem" tab gets populated? If it is, I found that you need to run

Code:

in order to get an IP address and DNS nameserver assigned to wwan0 for mobile data. I put this command into a systemd startup script just to make it more automatic.

Very thanks. It worked for me. Unfortunately my systemd service fails (modem not found):

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Enable mobile data
After=ofono.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
(02-07-2021, 04:31 AM)gcala Wrote: vkravenCould you try a fresh reboot of your phone, and see if the "settings -> modem" tab gets populated? If it is, I found that you need to run

Code:

Very thanks. It worked for me. Unfortunately my systemd service fails (modem not found):

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Enable mobile data
After=ofono.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Hmm, your systemd looks fine to me (I put mine in After=NetworkManager.service). I suspect it's complaining about modem not found because systemd is running it before the modem has fully started up...

You could try putting it into an .sh file with a sleep param (to easily tune the required delay), or maybe having it run After=ofono.service

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you install VPN so you can set up a config file, tor, signal and disk encrypt? temp0rary 5 3,768 05-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  file transfer Rainer 3 2,954 05-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Rainer
  USB file transfer? SameExpert 3 4,347 05-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: SameExpert
  FIle Browser popup when sing Nemo/Calendar on Beta 4 nimji 5 5,060 01-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: kern707