Keyboard not appearing in Arch
I'm attempting to try out Arch from a version of mid November running from my SDCard.  (That's the version from the multi-boot image.)  I can't even get to the first step of updating, because I can't get the keyboard to show itself.  The icon is in the bottom right, but clicking on it or on any text box is failing to bring it up.  Anyone have thoughts?

I'm on 1.2b, the Manjaro editon.  (The Manjaro install in the emmc is running fine.)
(01-09-2021, 02:52 AM)Diagon Wrote: I'm attempting to try out Arch from a version of mid November running from my SDCard.  (That's the version from the multi-boot image.)  I can't even get to the first step of updating, because I can't get the keyboard to show itself.  The icon is in the bottom right, but clicking on it or on any text box is failing to bring it up.  Anyone have thoughts?

I'm on 1.2b, the Manjaro editon.  (The Manjaro install in the emmc is running fine.)

It's "a bit" late, but it can serve to someone else : you must click on the top bar (where the clock is) and it will appear some more icons (data, wifi and so on). The last icon is "docked/undocked". If you are considered as docked, the keyboard doesn't appear because the phone "thinks" you are using a physical keayboard. You must select "undocked".
Hope it helps someone...

PS: sorry for my english skills...
(01-09-2021, 02:52 AM)Diagon Wrote: I'm attempting to try out Arch from a version of mid November running from my SDCard.  (That's the version from the multi-boot image.)  I can't even get to the first step of updating, because I can't get the keyboard to show itself.  The icon is in the bottom right, but clicking on it or on any text box is failing to bring it up.  Anyone have thoughts?

Hello,
First of all, sorry for my poor english skills... Confused

It's "a bit" late but I hope it could help someone.
When you click on the top bar (where the clock is), it appears new icons like data, wifi and so on. The last is "Docked/Undocked". If docked is selected, the phone "thinks" you are using a physical keyboard and so you can't make appear it.
So you must select "Undocked" to have the possibility to make the virtual keyboard appear.
The undocked stuff should not happen on non-multiboot images.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 558 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,042 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,793 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,759 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  lost keyboard shulamy 2 706 08-21-2023, 07:48 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Arch with FDE user641 1 834 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 797 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,052 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  No keyboard on some document password field Chief 0 675 11-01-2022, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Chief