Unable to boot off SD card
I hate to have my first post as a request for assistance. But here I am.

I got my PineTab in early December.  My wife "let me" check it out to make sure it was working, then had me hand it over for my Christmas present.

So took ownership of it on Christmas.  First thing I noticed is that Ubuntu Touch is way slow with multiple issues.  I downloaded Mobian Phosh on the PineTab and burned it to a Micro Center branded micro SD card.  I powered down, put in the SD  card and powered up.  No lights, no sign of life.  I figured it could have been that I burned it incorrectly.  So I downloaded the image again and and burned it to a 64 Gig SanDisk Ultra.  Same problem.   Decided to try a smaller card.  Burned to a 4 Gig SanDisk micro SD card.  Same issue.  I looked at each card on my Ubuntu laptop and each card showed that the boot partition is set to bootable.

Are there any known issues booting from an SD card on the early adopters PineTab?  I thought maybe it was a hardware issue, but since I was able to burn the card on the tab, it's likely not that.  I attempted from both a 64 Gig and a 4 Gig SanDisk card, it's not likely an issue with the card.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.
There are no issues booting from SD on PineTab.
If you have verified that partitions and files are normally visible on the cards,
the only thing that comes to mind is, that you might have flashed a pinePHONE image,
instead of a pineTAB image. A pinephone image might "work"; but will not turn the screen
on, so it will look like nothing happens.
(12-28-2020, 10:56 PM)Alho Wrote: There are no issues booting from SD on PineTab.
If you have verified that partitions and files are normally visible on the cards,
the only thing that comes to mind is, that you might have flashed a pinePHONE image,
instead of a pineTAB image. A pinephone image might "work"; but will not turn the screen
on, so it will look like nothing happens.
I'll double check when I get home.
Would the pinephone image also not light up the keyboard if I attempt to reboot with that connected?

BTW, I tried to get to Manjaro from the wiki and it goes to a file not found on NextCloud
Well, I verified that I was indeed using the PineTab image (mobian-pinetab-phosh-20201215.img). However, there seems to be something messed up with that image. I downloaded PostmarketOS and was able to boot off the SD card.

I'm installing it to the internal drive, to play around with. I would like to use Manjaro, but it appears that PineTab is no longer available.

Thanks for the reply.
(12-29-2020, 06:09 PM)gdsmit1 Wrote: I'm installing it to the internal drive, to play around with.  I would like to use Manjaro, but it appears that PineTab is no longer available.

Manjaro PineTab imgs are still in alpha, but you can find them on their forums, in the ARM section.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...inetab/150
Thanks for the info. I'll pull that down to give it a shot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Booting from SD card on Pinetab2 samochimaaron 10 2,605 08-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: diederik
  failure to boot ajhiii070 0 657 07-07-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: ajhiii070
  Pinetab2: (multi)boot normal image on eMMC and some OS on SD- card Bart 3 1,804 06-10-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  SD card issues. pjsf 5 6,132 09-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Last Post: bartgrefte