Sim
Got my Manjaro CE phone in October. After playing with Phosh for a bit I switched over to KDE Plasma and found that the phone recognized my sim, but then after doing an update, would no longer see the sim card. I allowed it to go through several updates and continued to try to have it find my Sim with no success. Eventually I downloaded and flashed a very recent version of the KDE software in to the eMMC. Once again the phone saw the sim and hooked up with my cell provider. Just by circumstance I recieved a phone call from my brother in law and had a nice clear conversation on the phone. After that I did a large update (over 500 mg) and ever since then my phone will not see the sim and connect. I love the software and it seems to be getting better and better. But this thing of not seeing the sim is making me nuts. Does anyone have a remedy for this?
(12-27-2020, 05:26 PM)JBrauen Wrote: Got my Manjaro CE phone in October. After playing with Phosh for a bit I switched over to KDE Plasma and found that the phone recognized my sim, but then after doing an update, would no longer see the sim card. I allowed it to go through several updates and continued to try to have it find my Sim with no success. Eventually I downloaded and flashed a very recent version of the KDE software in to the eMMC. Once again the phone saw the sim and hooked up with my cell provider. Just by circumstance I recieved a phone call from my brother in law and had a nice clear conversation on the phone. After that I did a large update (over 500 mg) and ever since then my phone will not see the sim and connect. I love the software and it seems to be getting better and better. But this thing of not seeing the sim is making me nuts. Does anyone have a remedy for this?
As much as I love KDE over Gnome, I'm still not using Plasma Mobile on my Pinephone because it's just the most instable DE at this time.
But at least your damage was limited to just not being able to connect to the SIM card, when I tried last time (from a bootable micro SD card) and I updated packages, Plasma Mobile became unable to boot at all.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-28-2020, 01:53 AM)ryo Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:26 PM)JBrauen Wrote: Got my Manjaro CE phone in October. After playing with Phosh for a bit I switched over to KDE Plasma and found that the phone recognized my sim, but then after doing an update, would no longer see the sim card. I allowed it to go through several updates and continued to try to have it find my Sim with no success. Eventually I downloaded and flashed a very recent version of the KDE software in to the eMMC. Once again the phone saw the sim and hooked up with my cell provider. Just by circumstance I recieved a phone call from my brother in law and had a nice clear conversation on the phone. After that I did a large update (over 500 mg) and ever since then my phone will not see the sim and connect. I love the software and it seems to be getting better and better. But this thing of not seeing the sim is making me nuts. Does anyone have a remedy for this?
As much as I love KDE over Gnome, I'm still not using Plasma Mobile on my Pinephone because it's just the most instable DE at this time.
But at least your damage was limited to just not being able to connect to the SIM card, when I tried last time (from a bootable micro SD card) and I updated packages, Plasma Mobile became unable to boot at all.
Thanks ryo, I Installed Mobian and it definitely worked better all round, although not really ready to be a daily driver. Not sure whether I will keep trying or put my phone for sale..
Mobian isn't necessarily the stable OS, it's the most stable OS.
Probably Arch too, but while Arch includes locales for a whole bunch of languages I didn't even know existed until I scrolled through the list in a live session, it has no Japanese locale.
Which is why I chose Mobian over Arch.

Both are still alpha quality, but at least workable as a daily driver.
Whether you keep or sell it, it's of course up to you.
But I'll tell you this to consider:
・Linux phones have been in development for 4 years already (actually way earlier like MeeGo or Sailfish, but I mean the current generation).
・Linux on PC also took decades before they were daily driver ready for the mainstream user.
・Only recently thanks to the AMD Ryzen and recent AMD Radeon graphics cards we got a guaranteed ability to actually use Linux on state of the art hardware without major issues.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry