Is it possible to hack a UV sensor in the current case?
While searching over past threads talking about custom sensors, the gist of it was that you could just 3D print your own back case to fit whatever extra sensor you'd like.

Now, obviously, this wouldn't work for a UV sensor and the top part is occupied by the screen. Do you think it would be possible to create a custom top case for the watch or hack the existing one?

I think a UV sensor would be an amazing addition - this was one of the features I loved the hell out of on the Microsoft Band.
Why? My skin is insanely sensitive to UV exposure - vampires probably have it easier than me and living in the Mediterranean makes walks outside a challenge haha so, having a UV sensor to monitor my exposure would be an awesome project I'd like to work on and, if such a sensor could be embedded somehow in the case would be the ideal scenario.
I would suggest that replacing the top case will not be so easy because it's machined metal and is a core part of structural integrity. Initially I would suggest to 3D print a "wrapper" for the watch and have it extend in one axis whilst you test the sensor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Possible to remove LCD from front case? surt 0 524 06-14-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: surt
  Accessing step counter in Wasp-OS throws ValueError: invalid sensor nnnqwer 2 2,673 09-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Last Post: danielt
  Barometer/Pressure sensor (for floor count) Arite 2 3,865 06-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Arite