Cant Set APN on KDE Plasma Mobile Beta 1
I flashed the new Plasma Mobile Beta 1 to my Manjaro Convergence edition today and i am very impressed so far. Only set back im finding so far is an inability to set the APN for cellular networks. My SIM card autopopulates one APN and it is an inactive useless APN. I had this same issue with UT but was able to manually enter the proper APN and switch to it to make mobile data work. Is there a work around for this or a way to set a new APN through CLI using network manager?
Did you try the steps described in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/44309
For me, calls and SMS didn't seem to be working, so I went back to Arch, but I thought Plasma was much nicer that Phosh
(12-28-2020, 09:42 AM)moodroid Wrote: Did you try the steps described in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/44309
For me, calls and SMS didn't seem to be working, so I went back to Arch, but I thought Plasma was much nicer that Phosh
How does the Arch user experience compare to Mobian?
(01-04-2021, 11:46 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 09:42 AM)moodroid Wrote: Did you try the steps described in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/44309
For my limited use, both Mobian and Arch have all the basics working, and there isn't too much difference. Mobian comes with a lot more pre installed apps. The LEDs for notifications don't seem to work as well in Arch, though I'm sure that'll be fixed soon (if it isn't already). Arch is maybe a touch snappier. But basically they both work really well, and I could happily use either, so I'd just go with the one you're most familiar with. Just my thoughts. Hopefully some other people will reply too.
(01-04-2021, 12:47 PM)moodroid Wrote:
For my limited use, both Mobian and Arch have all the basics working, and there isn't too much difference. Mobian comes with a lot more pre installed apps. The LEDs for notifications don't seem to work as well in Arch, though I'm sure that'll be fixed soon (if it isn't already). Arch is maybe a touch snappier. But basically they both work really well, and I could happily use either, so I'd just go with the one you're most familiar with. Just my thoughts. Hopefully some other people will reply too.
That's interesting. Have you just used Phosh or KDE on Arch as well?
(01-04-2021, 12:53 PM)ragreenburg Wrote:
Sorry - yes, I was just just talking about Mobian Phosh vs Arch Phosh. The only Plasma I've tried is the Manjaro Plasma Beta 1 which l really liked but phone and SMS didn't work, so I had to abandon it.
(01-05-2021, 12:41 PM)moodroid Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 12:53 PM)ragreenburg Wrote:
Sorry - yes, I was just just talking about Mobian Phosh vs Arch Phosh. The only Plasma I've tried is the Manjaro Plasma Beta 1 which l really liked but phone and SMS didn't work, so I had to abandon it.
I agree with that. I just tried the most recent release of KDE on Manjaro and it is still pretty rough unfortunately. I was changing the setting and the whole thing froze for a few minutes then faded to white and it locked then after unlocking it there was only a black screen. So even though I really like Plasma Mobile it is very far from being usable. I think the longest I've ever used it without a major issue was 30 minutes or so.
Anyone figure this one out? Interested in Daily driving plasma, but not being able to change APN is a showstopper. Lots to love about mobile plasma, but there are a lot of kinks to work out...
(01-09-2021, 01:13 PM)Zoomzit Wrote: Anyone figure this one out? Interested in Daily driving plasma, but not being able to change APN is a showstopper. Lots to love about mobile plasma, but there are a lot of kinks to work out...

I'm experiencing a similar issue.  I'm running 5.20.80.  There are no entries, fields, or input options in the UI under Settings>Cellular Networks>Access Points.
After a bit of digging, I found this guide re. APN settings on Plasma / Ofono

https://bloggerbust.ca/post/install_and_...ings--mvno

Note that on Manjaro, the ofono settings dir is in /usr, i.e.  
Code:
/usr/var/lib/ofono

and not /var/lib/ofono. 

Also the guide was done on PostmarketOS, so do the usual OpenRC to systemd translation. I.e.
Code:
sudo rc-service ofono stop

-->

sudo systemctl stop ofono

The guide is full of other juicy stuff too. Hope it helps someone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,507 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,594 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,089 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,732 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,543 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 7,159 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
  VPN on Plasma Hobgoblin 1 1,261 08-29-2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: saddamus
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,106 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  |Plasma] Blank screen + pointer, SDDM error tuxmain 0 973 07-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: tuxmain
  double tap to wake > plasma mobile Uturn 3 2,336 05-19-2022, 07:55 PM
Last Post: epiii2