DietPi OS for ROCK64
Image has been updated to ship latest DietPi v7.7 based on Debian Bullseye: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/Diet...ullseye.7z
Thanks, Michalng for the update.

I'm running v7.7.3 on (on Buster) on Rock64. Thanks for the amazing DietPi. The main purpose is to run Wireguard Server & get access to the home network from outside. Working great with no issue.

(1) Can I update to Bullseye? If yes, How? Do you recommend a new fresh install?

(2) Lately, home internet had frequent disconnections (ISP problems). I added an android cell phone with USB tethering. It does show in the list usb0 when I run "ip addr" but no network traffic. it's 4th on the list. I want to use it as FALL BACK if the main internet (eth0) is not working & want to access the home network via Wireguard over USB tethering.
Many thanks for your kind feedback.

For migration to Bullseye, generally we recommend to flash a fresh image, which is the overall cleaner method. But you can also do a distro upgrade where we wrote a guide about: https://dietpi.com/blog/?p=811
We try to cover all issues that can arise and update the guide accordingly, but there is no 100% guarantee that no manual tinkering is required, like updating configuration files when the related software package had a breaking change. For WireGuard however there is no surprise expected.

For USB tethering, not sure how you set it up currently, but I suggest to create a dedicated configuration like /etc/network/interfaces.d/usb0.conf and configure the static IP and gateway there. With "allow-hotplug usb0" it would then be brought up at boot when the actual adapter is attached (the interface found by the kernel), otherwise it is ignored. Or a background service which regularly checks connectivity through the regular interface and brings up USB tethering as fast as connection is lost. Checking for ISP connectivity while you're using USB tethering could be however a little challenge Wink.
Thanks, Michalng for the detailed reply.

I will try in this direction.
bought the rock64, in purpouse of running kodi on it.. flashed dietPi, and kodi barely runs.. cannot start without ```sudo``` and cannot add new plugins from kodi repository, that's one of the issue. @MichaIng can you help?
For running Kodi as unprivileged user, try to add it to video, render and audio system groups, if you you want to start it from a different console (e.g. call it via SSH to show up on main screen without a keyboard attached), as well tty group:
Code:
usermod -aG video,render,audio,tty skyway

For plugins, try to install the addons repository package:
Code:
apt install kodi-repository-kodi
We should probably install this by default, or at least give a hint, as most users want to use it, I guess?
Quote:We should probably install this by default, or at least give a hint, as most users want to use it, I guess?

or at the least make it so that when ```kodi``` is chosen from ```dietpi-software```, to trigger the installation of the package.. will test and report if what you said solved my problem
(11-25-2021, 07:17 AM)skyway Wrote: or at the least make it so that when ```kodi``` is chosen from ```dietpi-software```
Yes, that is what I meant Smile.
i set up Kodi to autostart from dietpi autostart, and cannot control it via web, or via keyboard/mouse. The messange being displayed on Kodi is regarding the version.. something like "Using 19.1 but 19.3 is available".. an that's that. Frozen.
The web interface is by default disabled since Kodi 19, but can be enabled via GUI. Yes it's Kodi 19.1 since this is what Debian ships on Bullseye: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/kodi

If keyboard and mouse do not work, that's of course a problem. Is it the same when simply calling the kodi command or kodi --standalone from command line? As you found out about the missing plugin repository, obviously input worked at first.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) Rock64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 137 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mara
  Rock64 v2 - did not work song / audio sqw200zu 2 1,332 03-14-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot dstallmo 0 325 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  HDMI doesn't work on rock64 Noung1991 1 599 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  Rock64 + Klipper + KlipperScreen Instructions godzilla62 0 598 10-22-2023, 01:52 AM
Last Post: godzilla62
  Rock64 Debian 11 (Bullseye) install problem jbize 15 8,270 10-12-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) Rock64 RK3328 (aarch64) mara 133 189,622 10-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: mara
  arch rock64 does not boot nemnob 0 584 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Last Post: nemnob
  RXDP from Win10 to Armbian on Rock64 Transportsicherung 0 637 05-27-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Transportsicherung
  Using multiple UART's on Rock64. ramprasad 0 923 08-29-2022, 01:22 PM
Last Post: ramprasad