Main board issues
I have the UBPorts CE Pinephone, onto which I had flashed Mobian, and had been running Mobian successfully for several weeks. I subsequently replaced the original main board with one of the new 3GB boards, which unfortunately, was DOA. No response. Phone wouldn't even power up.

So I put the original board back in. Now I have a problem. The phone boots up fine, I enter the password and then passcode, and the launch screen appears for about 2-3 seconds and fades to black. The phone doesn't go off, but there is nothing I can do to get that screen to stay on. I can click the power button, get the phone to go into standby, and repeat the login process with passcode, with the same result.

So I tried booting off an SD card with Mobian installed, and that stalls out at the password. It won't unlock and the keyboard is unresponsive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what might be wrong? 

Thanks in advance.
I believe there’s a sort of rubbery collar thing associated with the proximity sensor that gives these symptoms if left out. Maybe yours is still on the new board.
(12-13-2020, 12:40 PM)desca Wrote: I believe there’s a sort of rubbery collar thing associated with the proximity sensor that gives these symptoms if left out. Maybe yours is still on the new board.

+1

See this thread.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Yeah, the rubbery collar thing was it! took me a couple of shots to get it installed right, but now we got things going. Thanks, all!
(12-13-2020, 10:08 AM)Athansor Wrote: I have the UBPorts CE Pinephone, onto which I had flashed Mobian, and had been running Mobian successfully for several weeks. I subsequently replaced the original main board with one of the new 3GB boards, which unfortunately, was DOA. No response. Phone wouldn't even power up.

So I put the original board back in. Now I have a problem. The phone boots up fine, I enter the password and then passcode, and the launch screen appears for about 2-3 seconds and fades to black. The phone doesn't go off, but there is nothing I can do to get that screen to stay on. I can click the power button, get the phone to go into standby, and repeat the login process with passcode, with the same result.

So I tried booting off an SD card with Mobian installed, and that stalls out at the password. It won't unlock and the keyboard is unresponsive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what might be wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue like you with the 3GB board. No response at all. In my case there were two issues combined. First, after reading megi's Hardware Guide, I realized that the new board doesn't come with any OS. And powering on without software results in no response AT ALL (exept for the chips heating up).

But the second issue made it even harder: The power-on button does not work. Furtunately, the phone powers on when connected to a charger. I changed back to the UBPorts Mainboard and it worked fine. So the issue is related to the new board. Either a hardware defect or deeper settings of the board. In megi's article I read that the behaviour of the power button can be modified. Does anyone know how?

Now my phone is hard to use: To wake it from deep sleep I need a charger. Does anyone know how to setup Mobian to wake up from pressing the volume keys?

//EDIT: Changed back to UBPorts MB, still no power button. Seems like I smashed the buttons when I changed the Mainboard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,344 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,025 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous
Lightbulb Suggestion: NFC-F / FeliCa Support for next gen PinePhone or board add-on iamauser 0 710 03-11-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: iamauser
  PinePhone sound issues Chief 4 2,685 07-05-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Chief
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,481 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Pinephone 64 Issues of a new user US Notheast as of April 2022 scrwbigtek 9 5,272 05-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: scrwbigtek
  Pine Phone Pro issues gmastap 4 2,642 03-21-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  u-boot multiboot issues m4xx3d0ut 0 1,087 02-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: m4xx3d0ut
  Safety issues with numeric login and sudo passord Line 5 4,102 07-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: zetabeta