LCD screen not powering on
Hi All,

I bought the 7" LCD touch screen with my order.  I believe I have connected it correctly, when I power on the pine board the screen does not turn on.

The HDMI port is working and I was able to boot into Ubuntu, so the board itself is working.

Any ideas what it might be?  Maybe the screen is DOA....

There is currently only one image that supports the touchscreen: This one

Burn it using Phoenix card - remember to set 'startup!' Before burning. See if it works. 
[url=http://files.pine64.org/os/android/android-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160419-pine64-phoenixCard.zip][/url]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-02-2016, 06:45 PM)Luke Wrote: There is currently only one image that supports the touchscreen: This one

Burn it using Phoenix card - remember to set 'startup!' Before burning. See if it works. 
[url=http://files.pine64.org/os/android/android-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160419-pine64-phoenixCard.zip][/url]

Still trying to figure out how to get this image to work. I wrote it to the card with PhoenixCard in startup mode. The Pine starts and screen comes on with the A64 android screen but just hangs there and never does anything else.
Thanks Luke, the image activated the LCD screen as it should.

Mine did not boot into the OS the first time either. First try it was stuck at the AllWinner logo then it shut off after a couple of min. Second try, it got passed the AW logo and to the pine a64 logo, then the screen got brighter and turned all white with thin black lines. I left it like that for a couple of min, nothing happened so I rebooted it. Third boot, the OS finally booted.

HTH Dup.
(06-02-2016, 09:19 PM)Dnode Wrote: Thanks Luke, the image activated the LCD screen as it should.

Mine did not boot into the OS the first time either.  First try it was stuck at the AllWinner logo then it shut off after a couple of min.  Second try, it got passed the AW logo and to the pine a64 logo, then the screen got brighter and turned all white with thin black lines.  I left it like that for a couple of min, nothing happened so I rebooted it.  Third boot, the OS finally booted.

HTH Dup.
Thanks Dnode. Have tried to boot it about 10 times now. Same thing each time. I even pulled the wifi board off as well just to try to boot without it as well, still nothing. Just keeps booting up stuck to the logo. Frustrating.
Hi Dup

I got a few questions before I can suggest some trouble shooting:
1) What PSU and AWG cable are you using ? (does the touchscreen have dedicated power ? - I don't own one so I don't know)
2) What peripherals do you have connected during first boot - you say you pulled the Wifi/BT hat off - anything else plugged in?
3) Have you remembered to set 'Startup!' in Phoenix ?

A general note: after you boot a phoenix image, do note that it may take up-to 15 min for background processes to complete. Let it sit there after it boots for a while.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-03-2016, 04:21 AM)Luke Wrote: Hi Dup

1) What PSU and AWG cable are you using ? (does the touchscreen have dedicated power ? - I don't own one so I don't know)
2) What peripherals do you have connected during first boot - you say you pulled the Wifi/BT hat off - anything else plugged in?
3) Have you remembered to set  'Startup!' in Phoenix ?

A general note: after you boot a phoenix image, do note that it may take up-to 15 min for background processes to complete. Let it sit there after it boots for a while.

Its 5V 2A. Not sure on cable gauge but its fairly thick. Not a thin USB cable. I'm not even sure how I could even give the touchscreen separate power. It only has two ribbon cables that plug into the Pine.
No peripherals connected. 
As stated, it was created with Startup
I had no idea it could take up to 15 min !!! Thats quite long. I suppose I will try to let it sit. That seems nuts.
(06-03-2016, 10:49 AM)Dup Wrote:

Its 5V 2A. Not sure on cable gauge but its fairly thick. Not a thin USB cable. I'm not even sure how I could even give the touchscreen separate power. It only has two ribbon cables that plug into the Pine.
I had no idea it could take up to 15 min !!! Thats quite long. I suppose I will try to let it sit. That seems nuts.

What's the spec of your MicroSD card?  It should be at minimum a Class 10.
(06-03-2016, 03:38 PM)Dnode Wrote:

Class 10 SanDisk. All of the other images I have tried have booted fine, (obviously not with the screen because the android is the only one that supports it).

Its actually a UHS 1 card.
(06-03-2016, 03:44 PM)Dup Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 03:38 PM)Dnode Wrote:

Class 10 SanDisk. All of the other images I have tried have booted fine, (obviously not with the screen because the android is the only one that supports it).

Its actually a UHS 1 card.

That should work.  Yours never gotten to the white screen with a pine cone logo even after leaving it on for a while?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What other devices can the LCD screen work on? kodachrome 1 3,050 12-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kodachrome
  [EXPERIMENTAL] Linux on the LCD screen Terra854 24 34,712 07-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: apple4ever
  LCD screen brightness/contrast Learnincurve 10 13,619 02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: psychedup
  Touch screen support shariq_2001 14 19,530 12-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Luke
  LCD Touch Screen Problem. Gavin 8 9,473 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Last Post: michaelquezon
  Screen flashes blue and then goes dark. tanarri 5 7,569 06-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Last Post: tanarri
  LCD Pannel working... Touch screen NOT working?? Why Chopshop13 3 5,000 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: PapaStahl
  Petition thread for screen larger than 7inch MostHated 4 5,276 03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MostHated