Pogo pins flex breakout board
Hi all!, 

I just wanted to share my Pogo pin flex breakout board design for the PinePhone. 

You can get design and manufacturing files here:
https://github.com/jnavarro7/pinephone_f...kout_board

Or you can easily purchase the flex boards directly from OSH Park here:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/iJymtIab

[Image: flex_boards.JPG?raw=true]
[Image: flex_positioning.JPG?raw=true]
Awesome and thumbs up. I have download the gerber file. Can I ask Pine Store to fab some and post on Pine Store for $1 each?
(12-06-2020, 11:08 PM)tllim Wrote: Awesome and thumbs up. I have download the gerber file. Can I ask Pine Store to fab some and post on Pine Store for $1 each?
Of course, that would be great!.
I hope more people starts using it to enable cool stuff with the PinePhone!.  

Also just as a side note, longer screws are needed to secure the flex board, at the moment I was able to use one screw to secure it, but is not easy using the stock screws, using some tape makes it great to secure it, also the back case of the PinePhone secures it in place.
(12-07-2020, 01:16 PM)jnpine Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 11:08 PM)tllim Wrote: Awesome and thumbs up. I have download the gerber file. Can I ask Pine Store to fab some and post on Pine Store for $1 each?

Also just as a side note, longer screws are needed to secure the flex board, at the moment I was able to use one screw to secure it, but is not easy using the stock screws, using some tape makes it great to secure it, also the back case of the PinePhone secures it in place.

Thanks on the green light :-)

I will check with product team on the longer screws suggestion. BTW, there is a new back case in design phase then has 2mm clearance (means PinePhone case 2mm thicker) for component thickness that resides inside the battery case. This case currently design for wireless Q charging and also can be use for other application such as NFC, LoRa, and others. I will ship out few of this new case, wireless Q charger, and also flex break samples to you on January.
(12-07-2020, 04:08 PM)tllim Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:16 PM)jnpine Wrote:

Thanks on the green light :-)

I will check with product team on the longer screws suggestion. BTW, there is a new back case in design phase then has 2mm clearance (means PinePhone case 2mm thicker) for component thickness that resides inside the battery case. This case currently design for wireless Q charging and also can be use for other application such as NFC, LoRa, and others. I will ship out few of this new case, wireless Q charger, and also flex break samples to you on January.
Sounds good!, thank you very much!.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone flex breakout board with Grove female header jnpine 0 598 08-04-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: jnpine
  Keyboard : replaced the logic board charging now working again grump_fiddle_reinstall 1 799 07-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  Pinephone keyboard poor pogo pin connection neil_swann80 2 2,138 03-08-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: neil_swann80
  Thermal imaging solution board for the PinePhone board jnpine 2 3,653 12-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jnpine
  Sharing a breakout board I've made for the pogo pins SMR404 1 3,355 06-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: nationalicon