Coaxial cable damaged
Hello all,

unfortunately I have managed to damage the coaxial cable: https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-coa...46c16e2e66 while swapping the mainboard. It was quite unfortunate, it seems it wasn't properly at its place and while screwing the screws back, one of it nearly cut it to half completely.

I did test everything after the mainboard swap and the only think which is not working now is the mobile(carrier) signal (it's either very poor or not at all), can that be caused by damaged coaxial cable? What is this coaxial cable used for? From the description in the store it's not quite clear to me.

I would have to test but I think the WiFi signal strength dropped as well (but works at least) can it be related as well?

I will order it from the pinestore, but I'm quite dissapointed that I will have to wait (probably long) now.

Does anybody have spare coaxial cable in EU? if yes PM me if it can be sent to me (I'd pay the price in the store and the post costs).

Or can I try to solder it, would that be safe or not woth it?

cheers
I cannot help you directly, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to find a suitable cable replacement in the EU, I think it's a pretty standard part. Looking at the store description of the mainboard it seems to be a U.FL connector and you can find cables with these connectors easily on Ebay for example. I don't know if there is a big variety of those cables, but they seem to have a standard impedance at least. I don't know much about electronics though, so maybe someone else could give more insight.
Yeah I can try to buy it locally. Where can I get the specifications?
50 ohm impedance judging from the schematic - it's ANT_MAIN for the modem so problems with mobile reception are to be expected. Looks like U.FL connectors as kqlnut said. Beyond that find one with matching length and diameter so it physically fits and you should be ok. From what I've seen they seem fairly standard, but I'm no expert.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Any luck with a Serial Cable? acid andy 3 2,542 10-15-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  What does the ribbon cable do on the top right of board by the aux? Techwizz 1 2,278 07-07-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: tllim