2020-11-13 Image status.
Hello,

I initiate a thread dedicated to the 2020-11-13 image mobian-pinephone-phosh-20201113.img.gz
Because, I find difficult to know if a problem or bug is always pertinent when the OS's version is not known or when it is better to flash the new version than to only upgrade.
If there is a better solution, don't hesitate to give it Wink

I want to trace what is working after a new update. - 12-4-2020

I always make an 'apt update && apt dist-upgrade' in a console.
  • SMS : Unable to read the message received : 'systemctl restart phosh' needed.
  • Call with a short number : I have some short numbers like '123'. When I use the phone application and dial '123', I have my communication. But when the number is associated to a contact in the application 'Contacts', it's not possible to have a call.
  • Landscape / Portrait mode : When the phone is in Portrait mode and I change to Landscape mode, I must turn my phone on the left to have a normal view. But if the phone goes in sleep mode (manually or alone), the screen to unlock it is in Portrait mode and after I must turn my phone on the right to have a normal view. If I force the sleeping mode again, I recover the normal Landscape mode, I must turn my phone on the left to have a normal view. The bug seems that the Landscape mode is well memorized but the angle of rotation is not the good, something like '-90 °' in place of '+90 °'.
  • Calibre : Even after remove and reinstall Calibre, the application doesn't work. I've launched in a terminal (ssh) the application with the following outputs. An update has beaked Calibre.
Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(calibre())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 73, in calibre
    main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 509, in main
    app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 122, in init_qt
    app = Application(args, override_program_name=override, windows_app_uid=MAIN_APP_UID)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 885, in __init__
    from calibre_extensions import progress_indicator
ImportError: /usr/lib/calibre/calibre/plugins/progress_indicator.so: undefined symbol: _Py_FatalErrorFunc

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ ebook-viewer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebook-viewer", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(ebook_viewer())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 80, in ebook_viewer
    from calibre.gui2.viewer.main import main
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/viewer/main.py", line 16, in <module>
    from calibre.gui2.viewer.ui import EbookViewer, is_float
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/viewer/ui.py", line 27, in <module>
    from calibre.gui2.viewer.annotations import (
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/viewer/annotations.py", line 12, in <module>
    from calibre.gui2.viewer.convert_book import update_book
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/viewer/convert_book.py", line 17, in <module>
    from calibre.srv.render_book import RENDER_VERSION
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 31, in <module>
    from calibre.ebooks.oeb.polish.container import Container as ContainerBase
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 37, in <module>
    from calibre.ebooks.mobi.tweak import set_cover
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/mobi/tweak.py", line 13, in <module>
    from calibre.ebooks.mobi.reader.mobi6 import MobiReader
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 24, in <module>
    from calibre.utils.img import save_cover_data_to, gif_data_to_png_data, AnimatedGIF
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/utils/img.py", line 26, in <module>
    from calibre_extensions import imageops
ImportError: /usr/lib/calibre/calibre/plugins/imageops.so: undefined symbol: _Py_FatalErrorFunc
@Gribouille , just curious, did you follow your fresh install with: u-boot-install-pinephone ?
(11-24-2020, 08:16 AM)HLing Wrote: @Gribouille , just curious, did you follow your fresh install with:  u-boot-install-pinephone  ?

Sorry, I'm not sure to understand you question about 'follow your fresh install ...'

Since the fresh install with Jumpdrive of the Mobian (2020-11-13) on the eMCC memory, I only make "apt update; apt dist-upgrade".

Today, I've seen the "u-boot" update in the upgradable list of package.

After a reboot, It was hard to unlock the phone, so : systemctl restart phosh
Hello,

This morning, after an update followed by a 'reboot' command done in console with King's Cross, the phone is blocked. There is only a static green light.
After removed the battery, the fall is working as expected.
  • Setup/Mobile/Access point names : I found how to create an entry, but I can't found how to remove an entry.
  • Videos with Totem : good news, since this week-end, Totem doesn't crash  Smile I've ripped some DVD with Handbrake. The sound is good, but the videos are not fluent, the scenes go step by step. I haven't this problem with 'mpv'.

Calibre, is always unavailable. I must be patient Wink
Hello,
  • Calibre : Smile Is working !!!  THANK YOU

Just a question about 'scale-to-fit' usage :
Code:
$ scale-to-fit calibre
scale-to-fit for calibre is now true
$

After that, if I launch 'calibre' I see no difference.

Can I change the size of Calibre ?
  • Language support for Megapixels : In French, the directory 'Pictures' becomes 'Images', so Megapixels try to write in '~/Pictures', the solution is 'ln -s Images Pictures'.
(12-04-2020, 03:39 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Hello,
  • Calibre : Smile Is working !!!  THANK YOU

Just a question about 'scale-to-fit' usage :
Code:
$ scale-to-fit calibre
scale-to-fit for calibre is now true
$

After that, if I launch 'calibre' I see no difference.

Can I change the size of Calibre ?
I wrote an app that scales each app and basically the backend is just running `scale-to-fit` and I've noticed it is wildly inconsistent and works maybe a third of the time. I don't know what's wrong with `scale-to-fit` but it certainly doesn't work as advertised.
(12-09-2020, 09:22 AM)Gribouille Wrote:
  • Language support for Megapixels : In French, the directory 'Pictures' becomes 'Images', so Megapixels try to write in '~/Pictures', the solution is 'ln -s Images Pictures'.
Thanks for the hint!
I tried "ln -s 画像 Pictures", because in Japanese the "Pictures" folder is called "画像" (gazou, in case you're wondering how to read it).
Now Megapixel is finally saving pictures!!
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I've made an "apt update && apt dist-upgrade" this morning/
  • Calls : This morning, I've received a long call, more than one hour. The name associated to the phone number was not displayed, only the  phone number. But after the call, the screen become dark and it wasn't possible to have access to the phone. After few tries, a reboot was done. The phone become hot to my ear. I've put the power plug during the call. After the reboot, when I look to the Call application in the history, I see my call of this morning with the contact's name, not the phone number. It's not the first time that I see a phone number when the phone is ringing.

Sorry, I wasn't able to update my thread before now.

I make an update for the old bug below, that is solved now. Thanks to Debian's team :-)
  • Landscape / Portrait mode  : When the phone is in Portrait mode and I change to Landscape mode, I must turn my phone on the left to have a normal view. But if the phone goes in sleep mode (manually or alone), the screen to unlock it is in Portrait mode and after I must turn my phone on the right to have a normal view. If I force the sleeping mode again, I recover the normal Landscape mode, I must turn my phone on the left to have a normal view. The bug seems that the Landscape mode is well memorized but the angle of rotation is not the good, something like '-90 °' in place of '+90 °'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Most recent Mobian image or installer image known to work? DrPlamsa 13 4,616 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Last Post: SukiiPooru
  Fast image viewer? vusra 0 769 04-25-2022, 04:09 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 12 7,780 08-15-2021, 09:17 AM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Status update 2020-12-15 a-wai 33 35,270 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-06 AmazingNutria 6 6,870 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: daniel
  Why the 12/15/2020 build is no where near a daily driver yet TheLastDon 24 19,134 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: HLing
  Status update 2020-11-15 a-wai 17 16,324 12-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Status update 2020-09-05 a-wai 26 27,987 10-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Status update 2020-10-05 a-wai 8 8,608 10-08-2020, 03:20 AM
Last Post: dukla2000