Remove striped screw
Hello, today I was trying to do the board swap, and I mistakenly stripped three screws.

What would be the easiest way to remove these screws?

Things I've tried so far:
Rubber band
Duck tape
Tacky glue
Super glue
JB Weld
Jamming in a Flathead
Desperate ?

Perhaps use a heavy round tooth pick,  cut it in the middle to give a good surface area.

Use a small drop of super glue to secure the blunt end of the tooth pick to the head of the screw.

Allow plenty of time for the glue to "set-up"...  + ( the glue will dry fast on the tooth pick, but will take longer to dry on the metal screw )

Very carefully turn counter-clockwise and gently lift the screw.

Hope that helps
(11-21-2020, 08:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Desperate ?

Perhaps use a heavy round tooth pick,  cut it in the middle to give a good surface area.

Use a small drop of super glue to secure the blunt end of the tooth pick to the head of the screw.

Allow plenty of time for the glue to "set-up"...  + ( the glue will dry fast on the tooth pick, but will take longer to dry on the metal screw )

Very carefully turn counter-clockwise and gently lift the screw.

Hope that helps
I let the glue sit for 2 hours and the touch pick came right off.
aww !
Are the threads stripped or the screw head ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-21-2020, 11:16 PM)bcnaz Wrote: aww !
  Are the threads stripped or the screw head ?
Just the head.
OK, perhaps some 'JB weld' ?

That may stick better to the metal screw head. It is a mechanic's version of epoxy.

It has been handy for me in many cases.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I read elsewhere on the forum that the screws are poor quality.

When you fix your issue, it'd be interesting to see if there are higher quality replacement screws on the market.
Which type of screw head is it? If you can grab it with a pliers, do that. Else, you need a chisel. Get the chisel to "bite" into the screw head and use it to tap the screw in the unscrew direction. If that doesn't work, you need to drill it out. If you can drill the head off and leave a grabbable part of the screw shank exposed, it should be real easy to remove with a pliers.

I can't imagine you'll have success trying to bond anything to the screw. Short of welding, anything you can attach will be easier to break off than break the screw free.
(11-22-2020, 01:51 AM)bcnaz Wrote: OK,  perhaps some 'JB weld'  ?

That may stick better to the metal screw head.  It is a mechanic's version of epoxy.

It has been handy for me in many cases.
I picked some up at the hardware store, and I got it out slightly but couldn't get it completely out.
if it's just the end, use a tiny flat head and push it into the broken head, you may be able to screw it out without any extra effort. if not, take a small hammer and tap it into it until you make a tiny groove, then use the groove to screw it out

warning: you may damage your flat head in the process

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY case backs, screw attachment biketool 1 1,910 04-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  NO AFTER SALE SUPPORT --> After one week no way to remove batterie harvey186 19 19,245 05-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 33YN2