Flashing SC card for Ubuntu Touch
Hello,

I'm a NOOB. I have an Ubuntu computer and a Windows 10 computer. I have also had a stroke. I have just bought my Pinephone with Manjaro on it, but it has Postmarket OS on it instead. I want to flash my phone, but am not sure how to do it. I followed the following instructions:

Detailed usage instructions
  1. Download the Jumpdrive image
  2. Flash the Jumpdrive image to a micro SD card
  3. Boot the PinePhone from the Jumpdrive micro SD card
  4. Connect the PinePhone to your computer using USB-A -> USB-C cable
  5. Flash the exposed PinePhone drive (e.g. /dev/mm..., check for the right device in dmesg, GNOME disks, or similar, and make sure it's unmounted) with your chosen OS image
  6. Once the flashing process is complete, disconnect the PinePhone from your PC, power it down and remove the Jumpdrive SD card
  7. The process is now finished, and you can boot from eMMC
I got the Jumpdrive image on my pinephone saying that it's ready to go but then (point 5) I'm not sure. How do I flash my pinephone? Do I use etcher? Also, which computer is easier, the Ubuntu or the Windows?

Many thanks,

Chris
(11-19-2020, 07:12 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello,

I'm a NOOB. I have an Ubuntu computer and a Windows 10 computer. I have also had a stroke. I have just bought my Pinephone with Manjaro on it, but it has Postmarket OS on it instead. I want to flash my phone, but am not sure how to do it. I followed the following instructions:

Detailed usage instructions
  1. Download the Jumpdrive image
  2. Flash the Jumpdrive image to a micro SD card
  3. Boot the PinePhone from the Jumpdrive micro SD card
  4. Connect the PinePhone to your computer using USB-A -> USB-C cable
  5. Flash the exposed PinePhone drive (e.g. /dev/mm..., check for the right device in dmesg, GNOME disks, or similar, and make sure it's unmounted) with your chosen OS image
  6. Once the flashing process is complete, disconnect the PinePhone from your PC, power it down and remove the Jumpdrive SD card
  7. The process is now finished, and you can boot from eMMC
I got the Jumpdrive image on my pinephone saying that it's ready to go but then (point 5) I'm not sure. How do I flash my pinephone? Do I use etcher? Also, which computer is easier, the Ubuntu or the Windows?

Many thanks,

Chris
With Ubuntu, just double click on the manjaro image. It will open the built in disk copying program. Be sure to select the sd card and not your harddrive. It will ask you to confirm twice before doing it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can the developer's of the pinephone consider selling SD card with different OS pre-i sportsbkrider 4 336 11-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  How do I install a OS onto a Pine64 using Ubuntu? sportsbkrider 1 192 11-19-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  flash sd card from pinephone when you've just booted from it moodroid 1 139 11-14-2020, 06:13 AM
Last Post: nightranger73
  SD Card AppDeveloper 5 575 09-20-2020, 08:43 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Mobian on SD Card or Flashed To eMMC For Better Functionality . . . NobodyNew1 3 630 09-17-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2
  Pinephone Community Edition doesn't boot from SD-Card Only Red LED steven 13 2,066 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ThrillGates
  Phone Won't Detect Music Files From SD Card Joelandsonja 10 1,999 08-14-2020, 12:26 AM
Last Post: FOSSagent0
  SIM Card not recognized . . . finphone 4 962 07-23-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: finphone
  Pinephone not booting various OSes (eMMC and SD card) lapinus 3 1,171 07-23-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: lapinus
Bug Camera doesn't work. SD-Card isn't mounted automatically pavel-hh 1 453 07-22-2020, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pavel-hh