Forum issue: not receiving emails
Hey everyone,

I tried PM'ing @fire219 about this but without a response so maybe you guys can help me.

I'm not receiving any email notifications from this forum, and not just this forum. I've contacted my email provider but they said they'll need to know which address the emails are getting sent from (Whatever that means... Do they [url=https://forum.pine64.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=606][/url]need the "From:" address from the header, the address from the SMTP envelope? Who knows!), apparently having the domain from which the email was sent is not enough.

Could one of you be so kind and give me some info about how the emails from the forums look, maybe post the message as an mbox (stripped of all the private info of course)? Any help would be appreciated!
(11-16-2020, 08:03 AM)marcih Wrote: Hey everyone,

I tried PM'ing @fire219 about this but without a response so maybe you guys can help me.

I'm not receiving any email notifications from this forum, and not just this forum. I've contacted my email provider but they said they'll need to know which address the emails are getting sent from (Whatever that means... Do they [url=https://forum.pine64.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=606][/url]need the "From:" address from the header, the address from the SMTP envelope? Who knows!), apparently having the domain from which the email was sent is not enough.

Could one of you be so kind and give me some info about how the emails from the forums look, maybe post the message as an mbox (stripped of all the private info of course)? Any help would be appreciated!

I also have this issue too, but only with this forum. I was entering my correct PW but it was saying incorrect so I tried to reset and send email to my address on file. I never got any of the emails (Yes I checked spam). Now that I was magically able to log back in with the PW that before it said was incorrect, luckily or I'd have lost my account, I've double checked my email address is correct, and it in fact is. Still no emails.
Same here
In addition, it seems like they're not receiving regular emails either.
Submitting a ticket worked, they confirmed they've never received any of the 4 emails I've sent to them.

So maybe something might be wrong with their email server in general (both SMTP and POP or IMAP)?

(11-16-2020, 08:03 AM)marcih Wrote: I've contacted my email provider but they said they'll need to know which address the emails are getting sent from
Just a guess, but maybe they're meaning the server address (which you can find in the email header).
If you're on Thunderbird, open the current email, then (I'm using it in the Japanese version, so the labels might differ in English): Other → View source.

[Image: Screenshot_20201117_081007.png]

In the case of the order confirmation (and I'll censor out everything that is uniquely identifyable for obvious reasons):
Quote:Received: from pine64.com (pine64.com [34.〇〇])
by mail.〇〇.jp (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 〇〇
for <〇〇.jp>; 〇〇, 〇〇 Oct 2020 〇〇 +0900 (JST)
Received: by pine64.com (Postfix, from userid 〇〇)
id 〇〇; 〇〇, 〇〇 Oct 2020 〇〇 +0000 (UTC)
So in this case, they'll want "pine64.com" and the IP address you can find right after it.
Another update because I'm an idiot.
I'm hosting my own mail server, so I'm effectively the ISP of my own mail.
But I never received emails from this forum (I thought this was normal?).

But like I said before, this is probably an issue on Pine's side, not yours nor your ISP.
Still no emails here, any news on this issue? Has anyone from the staff even noticed this thread?
(12-03-2020, 02:43 PM)marcih Wrote: Still no emails here, any news on this issue? Has anyone from the staff even noticed this thread?

Yes, and I've tried getting @fire219 's attention without luck as well. @Luke might have better luck than I.
(12-03-2020, 11:22 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:43 PM)marcih Wrote: Still no emails here, any news on this issue? Has anyone from the staff even noticed this thread?

Yes, and I've tried getting @fire219 's attention without luck as well. @Luke might have better luck than I.
Cheers, thanks for the effort, I didn't know whether anything was happening since nobody said anything.
(12-04-2020, 05:51 AM)marcih Wrote: Cheers, thanks for the effort, I didn't know whether anything was happening since nobody said anything.

Email notifications still do not work.  Why, that's another question.
I've finally received my first forum notification about a subscribed thread, it looks like the issue has finally been resolved! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 276 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Issue with incoming VoIP calls. HaroldKuhlman 0 294 01-07-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: HaroldKuhlman
  star64 bootable images, u-boot, sbi, forum? hexdump 2 1,335 12-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: faultyforelimb
  RSS feed for the forum power46 1 724 08-01-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: ericssonmere
  Why are you using MyBB for this forum? notramo 6 3,498 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Having an issue flashing my 0x64. Invalid literal for int() with base 16 3BeetMassacre 1 840 03-21-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: 3BeetMassacre
  Change the forum's software to Discourse Liz_34 11 3,213 01-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Own sub for PineBuds Pro to this forum Liz_34 0 767 01-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Liz_34
Lightbulb Add a dark theme for the forum? cowsay 1 993 08-31-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  VoIP incoming calls issue saddamus 0 594 08-24-2022, 03:59 PM
Last Post: saddamus