Announcing libfossphone
Hi guys. Wanted to give an update. It's been a while now, but I'm still working on libfossphone.
The problems I'm having are of time and energy. My day job takes the vast majority of useful energy out of me,
and so I'm mostly working on libfossphone during the weekends, and only the weekends where I have enough energy to be productive.

The library is written in C++14, it's a heavily altered port of purple-mm-sms to C++ but with an entirely new API.

I think the PinePhone needs this library, because right now developing phone applications for the PinePhone is quite painful. If only I had more free time!

I'll keep you posted. Probably not too much longer before I can post a repo I'm comfortable sharing with the public.
(05-28-2021, 04:55 PM)Subsentient Wrote: Hi guys. Wanted to give an update. It's been a while now, but I'm still working on libfossphone.
The problems I'm having are of time and energy. My day job takes the vast majority of useful energy out of me,
and so I'm mostly working on libfossphone during  the weekends, and only the weekends where I have enough energy to be productive.

The library is written in C++14, it's a heavily altered port of purple-mm-sms to C++ but with an entirely new API.

I think the PinePhone needs this library, because right now developing phone applications for the PinePhone is quite painful. If only I had more free time!

I'll keep you posted. Probably not too much longer before I can post a repo I'm comfortable sharing with the public.
Excellent!  Glad you're still on this project and making progress!
Great that you are still working on this!

If I may offer some bad advice:
Don‘t be afraid to publish early, especially if you are so time constrained. The earlier others can hack on this, the earlier it may work properly, and you don’t risk that someone else has the same idea and comes up with something similar but worse while you are struggling to finish your project.