its really beta
i didnt know it was so beta
ive used linux for ten years
but i'm afraid to tinker with
anything on my phone in case
the system becomes unstable...
It is actually quite simple to run from your sd card, and quite easy to download and flash operating systems to the sd cards.

The boot priority is to look first for a bootable sd card.

If you mess up the O.S. on your sd card simply wipe it and reload with a fresh copy.

Save your eMMC installation until you find something you really like and want to keep.

I got four of the class 10,   Adata micro-sd cards, 16gb,    for less than $20. total,  from NewEgg, free shipping.

Great for testing purposes, having extra cards mean you can save one or two and still have some to load other OSes to try.

You may need a usb to micro sd card adapter,  if you do not already have the adapter.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Like BCNAZ I am using 3 SD Cards. 2 have  know good builds of Mobian and Arch.
The third has a Mobian build that I use when I need to update. If it breaks I return to the other card.
The Arch in eMMC is currently broken, no outgoing sound, I am sure an update will fix it.
If you are comfortable on the command line you will have no issues at all.
Just be ready to return to good version after an update.

YMMV
LF
can i just install aosp from my sd card...?
@quantumphoton See the instructions for installing GloDroid.
Last I looked GloDroid doesn't yet support the modem, so calls, SMS and mobile data won't be working.
(11-23-2020, 09:07 AM)wibble Wrote: Last I looked GloDroid doesn't yet support the modem, so calls, SMS and mobile data won't be working.
Power management and the camera are also still broken.  Disappointing really, figured an Android build would have been first to "daily driver" status, but that hasn't happened yet.  I'm daily driving PMOS but wouldn't recommend it since it ain't really "daily driver" ready yet.  But somebody has to get out on the bleeding edge and get cut up a bit and report the bugs... so decided to be a test subject.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phosh beta 10, no send button on Chatty? Rainer 0 1,620 05-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Rainer