How does Pine64 decide who will be next for each Community Edition?
I’ve never seen any public mention of how this is determined/negotiated.
(11-05-2020, 01:26 AM)desca Wrote: I’ve never seen any public mention of how this is determined/negotiated.
From observeration of the choices made by pine64.org I conclude they do use a pretty irregular dice Angel
One die, two dice.
(11-05-2020, 03:09 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: One die, two dice.

@Luke       ?

While it may be fun to  "Kick the Can Around"    guessing at how they pick a Distro to use.

I would really like to hear an official reply to that question.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I wasn't saying that this is what they do. It's just one of those things that bothers me: when someone says "a dice". Our language has been furiously deteriorating since its inception. It doesn't bother me at all how someone decides what to do in a case like this.
Ahh,

But  It IS an excellent question ...

While Ubuntu Touch was the first operating system that actually worked on my old Brave Heart phone,  I was really excited at that time.

But Touch had stopped working for me,   long before they released the UBPorts Edition phone ....

>   I skipped buying any of those phone editions just because of my limited experiences with that operating system.

((Though I did go overboard with the Post Market Edition and bought three of those.))
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I have somehow learnt English half a century ago, and thanks to your tutorial corrected an eteral bug in my brain...
(So - it is not due to degradation of the language)
(11-06-2020, 02:29 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
I have somehow learnt English half a century ago, and thanks to your tutorial corrected an eteral bug in my brain...
(So - it is not due to degradation of the language)
This is so common though that I have to believe that you correctly learnt it that way, even though it's technically incorrect.  I too learnt it that way.  I have no recollection anymore of how I was corrected.
I really hope it'll be Mobian... In that case I'll probably buy another Pinephone (and sell my Manjaro CE convergence)
(11-11-2020, 03:47 AM)deedend Wrote: I really hope it'll be Mobian... In that case I'll probably buy another Pinephone (and sell my Manjaro CE convergence)

Or you could just buy a different back cover.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Video] Apache NuttX RTOS for PINE64 PinePhone lupyuen 0 776 09-27-2023, 11:26 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Beta Convergence edition external display? Ferenc 3 2,304 07-28-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Ferenc
  Battery Charge Status not reporting correctly? (KDE Community Edition) Gregorius Techneticies 11 8,708 02-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Giddyup
  KDE community edition, first feedback Goffi 2 2,869 02-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: treebuilder
  Nav buttons and status drawer no longer visible (KDE Community Edition) heatsink 6 6,924 02-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bshah
  Don't know password -- Community Edition pmOS Linuxnub 0 1,620 09-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Linuxnub