Anyone Dealt With Returns On Their PinePhone ?
Hello,
I just received my Manjaro Edition and I can't make any calls, the phone isn't giving me cellular connection. The phone reads and sees I have a SIM card in but absolutely no bars what so ever ( I'm using T-Mobile US ).
It's a hardware issue with the phone. I say this bc the same SIM card works perfectly fine in a PMOS edition with 4 bars.
So, I assume I can return the phone for a new one. I writing this to see what to expect from Pine64 on this issue, and if anyone else has had to deal with going through the return process.
This is what's upsetting. I'm cool as can be with all the devs putting in all their free time on this and working out bugs, but what I'm not cool with is Pine64 who's been building these phone for months now, with what I think is the same hardware from the beginning and they seem to drop the ball on that. To me if anything kills the PinePhone it will be mistakes like these that fall directly on Pine64's back.
I just emailed them so we will see their response and I will keep anyone who is interested post.
I would like to know the answer to this question also. I will be interested to see their response to your post.
(11-03-2020, 04:20 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Hello,
I just received my Manjaro Edition and I can't make any calls, the phone isn't giving me cellular connection. The phone reads and sees I have a SIM card in but absolutely no bars what so ever ( I'm using T-Mobile US ).
It's a hardware issue with the phone. I say this bc the same SIM card works perfectly fine in a PMOS edition with 4 bars.
So, I assume I can return the phone for a new one. I writing this to see what to expect from Pine64 on this issue, and if anyone else has had to deal with going through the return process.
This is what's upsetting. I'm cool as can be with all the devs putting in all their free time on this and working out bugs, but what I'm not cool with is Pine64 who's been building these phone for months now, with what I think is the same hardware from the beginning and they seem to drop the ball on that. To me if anything kills the PinePhone it will be mistakes like these that fall directly on Pine64's back.
I just emailed them so we will see their response and I will keep anyone who is interested post.

Have you at least put in the APN information in the settings? Some OS are able to do it automatically, and some cannot

Have you checked @merlins thread ?  no connection to carrier 

He found the antenna wire was not connected to the mainboard. 
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

I have the same problem. I contacted Pine64 on friday night. so I guess I will have an answer on Monday, I will keep you updated via this post.

My problem is similar to yours, I bought 2 pinephones and one works and the other does not!
(11-15-2020, 10:15 AM)gimy16 Wrote:

I have the same problem. I contacted Pine64 on friday night. so I guess I will have an answer on Monday, I will keep you updated via this post.

My problem is similar to yours, I bought 2 pinephones and one works and the other does not!
Mine gets signal but only on Verizon US. I kept mine as a paper weight for now. I'm hoping it works one day.

(11-10-2020, 03:59 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Have you at least put in the APN information in the settings? Some OS are able to do it automatically, and some cannot
Do you know what OS's do that ?

(11-10-2020, 07:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

Have you checked @merlins thread ?  no connection to carrier 

He found the antenna wire was not connected to the mainboard. 
Mine works but only on Verizon for now. I'm hoping it works on T-Mobile at some point.  Odd thing is, my PMOS edition works on T-Mobile, but the Manjaro doesn't.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 287 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 190 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 454 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 107,216 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,695 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 563 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,223 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 465 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,616 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,813 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma