What is the first-time password?
Hi, first of all I apologize because my broken, Tarzan-like English...

The point is however that today I got the PinePhone, which is a

PINEPHONE – “Community Edition: Manjaro with Convergence Package” Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone

and when it was switched on in first time, it asked me to type in password. There was no any possibility to give username, no any alphabetical character, only numbers to press on the screen. I emphasize that this was an absolutely new phone, ordered from the company. What do I do? What is the "default" password in this circumstance, or whatever shall I do?

Actually, why the heck is there are ANY necessity for ANY password in the FIRST OCCASION, in the case of a perfectly new, "fresh-ordered" phone which are just now gotten by the official company?! I cannot deny that I am now rather disappointed, because I feel this is a perfectly unnecessary "ballast", which has no any advantage but it causes extra "pain", angryness and annoyance!

I tryed to search for answer in the wiki, and Google, but vainly.

Thank you guys for all helping reply in advance!
I just opened mine today as well and it is prompting for a PIN number. a quick search through this forum and someone else got the manjaro community edition hardware, but with the previous OS installed. Although we got the phones a bit earlier than expected, it seems the software deployment may have been a bit disorganized.
I am having the exact same issue!  Any solutions appreciated!
Bump, because I have the same issue and haven't found a solution in the forums yet

I follow the quick start instructions, power on, and get a locked home screen
I swipe up to unlock, and am presented with a numpad on the screen
It's asking for the pass code. It's not asking me to creating a pass code, it's asking for a preexisting one
I don't know what it is, I don't know what to do

Please help us?
For the Manjaro Operating System :

In the "wiki"  under Pine phone "Software Releases"

User Name : Manjaro       Password :  1 2 3 4 5 6

root/root

Welcome to the Community,
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-30-2020, 08:16 PM)bcnaz Wrote: For the Manjaro Operating System :

root/root

Here is a link to the page containing this information:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/32307
This information does not work for me. I this is what I get for uname -a:

Linux pine64-pinephone 5.9.1 #2-postmarketos-allwinner SMP Mon Nov 2 09:26:33 UTC 2020 aarch64 Linux

neither root nor 123456 are the root password or sudo password for user.

So far I was only able to set the disk encryption password, the SSH password, and the ssh user, but I am not able to install anything because I'm missing the sudo or the root password.
There is a little card in the box that explains what the passwords are for both the main user and root.
Manjaro comes with the password "123456", and Mobian and KDE Neon is "1234".

There is a weird bug in Phosh that immediately redirects to the lock screen after unlocking, and will continuely do so in an infinite loop.
In that case just hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn the phone off, turn on again, and then login.
It's annoying because it happens mid-use too very often, but it can't be helped.
(11-28-2020, 10:06 AM)Puro Antinori Wrote: This information does not work for me. I this is what I get for uname -a:

Linux pine64-pinephone 5.9.1 #2-postmarketos-allwinner SMP Mon Nov 2 09:26:33 UTC 2020 aarch64 Linux

neither root nor 123456 are the root password or sudo password for user.

So far I was only able to set the disk encryption password, the SSH password, and the ssh user, but I am not able to install anything because I'm missing the sudo or the root password.
If you're using password authentication for ssh it should be the same for sudo. I think PostmarketOS is one where root doesn't have a password you can use
Thumbs Up 
(10-30-2020, 08:16 PM)bcnaz Wrote: For the Manjaro Operating System :

root/root

Worked for me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS not delivered if receiver offline at sending time alpineduck 14 3,427 09-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Complete noob to the Pinephone 64, cannot set time and date. gordr 11 2,497 06-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: gordr
  Lost password on second hand Ubports PinePhone? Peter Gamma 6 3,246 04-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone won't let me enter password czgunner 5 4,094 09-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  KDE password freeduck 1 1,624 07-31-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jlucas
Question How long does the phone need to be chrarged prior to turning on the 1st time? awsdert 2 2,618 04-30-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: awsdert
  PinePhone Pin/password question dgdimick 3 3,937 03-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: dgdimick
  I am stuck, When in Terminal, unable to enter a password Whio84 3 2,883 02-12-2021, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Whio84
  Default Password for New Pine64 KDE Plasma CE? robertb1 3 5,120 02-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: cybercricket
  default password for Manjaro pinephone Raniyah 1 3,497 11-23-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: kqlnut