Phone won't turn on?
Just got the phone today. I removed the plastic tab between the batter and the pins.  I hit the power button, I see the red led come on for a few seconds and then nothing.  I left it plugged in for a few hours and attempted it again and nothing.  Anything else I can try?
Perhaps try using an sd card to boot from ?    If for some reason there is no Operating System installed to your eMMC drive.

Download an operating system from the Pine phone wiki, then use Balena Etcher App to flash the O.S. to your sd card.
Insert the sd card into the correct upper slot inside the phone, you must remove the battery to access this slot.
The lower slot is for your phone carriers sim card.

I hope this helps,  Welcome to the Pine64 forum
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-30-2020, 08:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Perhaps try using an sd card to boot from ?    If for some reason there is no Operating System installed to your eMMC drive.

Download an operating system from the Pine phone wiki, then use Balena Etcher App to flash the O.S. to your sd card.
Insert the sd card into the correct upper slot inside the phone, you must remove the battery to access this slot.
The lower slot is for your phone carriers sim card.

I hope this helps,  Welcome to the Pine64 forum

Yeah. another reported their phone came with the wrong OS flashed on their phone. No telling what is going on there.

Edit: I just heard in IRC a couple of people complaining theirs also did not boot, and had to reflash it.
(10-30-2020, 04:54 PM)ChrisEvans Wrote: Just got the phone today. I removed the plastic tab between the batter and the pins.  I hit the power button, I see the red led come on for a few seconds and then nothing.  I left it plugged in for a few hours and attempted it again and nothing.  Anything else I can try?

I also currently have this exact same problem. I will try to flash the phone... I just don't have a micro sd adapter that works atm.
I have this exact same issue. I will try to flash my phone... I just need to go buy a working micro sd adapter first... Kind'of a bummer really, was expecting to have a Manjaro phone to play with today  Undecided
(10-30-2020, 10:31 PM)shadowrage Wrote: I have this exact same issue. I will try to flash my phone... I just need to go buy a working micro sd adapter first... Kind'of a bummer really, was expecting to have a Manjaro phone to play with today  Undecided
If the manufacturer does not check if the phone does boot after flashing, I'd say that they have a lousy quality management system.
I did manage to get it working, using the SD, thanks you for that suggestion.

It took me a bit to figure out how to do this, and I may have did it wrong so here are the steps I did:

1. Get an microSD card (I got 128 GB)
2. Download Phosh beta1 ISO https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...one/phosh/
3. Followed the instruction for flashing the SD card https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/NOOB#Step-b...roSD_Cards
4. Insert the SD card and put the battery back in

I hoped it would work automatically, but it didn't. I had to hold the RESET pin hole down for 10 seconds and let go, and then it started working.

It is a little bit slow right now, I am wondering if that is the beta or because it is running from the SD card. My understanding may be incorrect, but tomorrow I am gonna see if I can install the OS in eMMC using JumpDrive to see if that helps. JumpDrive steps are talked about here https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone.
My  Manjaro Edition phone is scheduled to be delivered on Monday (2 days away)

I have heard mention that there are some additional minor hardware changes in this edition ?

I have one Brave Heart phone, and several of the PMOS phones, I am wondering if the hardware is going to make a noticeable difference in how the software works .?

This must be making things more difficult for the developers,  as we now have four different hardware configurations of the Pine phone.  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-31-2020, 08:14 PM)ChrisEvans Wrote: I did manage to get it working, using the SD, thanks you for that suggestion.

It took me a bit to figure out how to do this, and I may have did it wrong so here are the steps I did:

1. Get an microSD card (I got 128 GB)
2. Download Phosh beta1 ISO https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...one/phosh/
3. Followed the instruction for flashing the SD card https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/NOOB#Step-b...roSD_Cards
4. Insert the SD card and put the battery back in

I hoped it would work automatically, but it didn't.  I had to hold the RESET pin hole down for 10 seconds and let go, and then it started working.

It is a little bit slow right now, I am wondering if that is the beta or because it is running from the SD card.  My understanding may be incorrect, but tomorrow I am gonna see if I can install the OS in eMMC using JumpDrive to see if that helps.  JumpDrive steps are talked about here https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone.

I can also confirm that this works. I got a microSD card and I microSD card adaptor for usb. Flashed jumpdrive on the card and then connected my phone to a computer with the usbc cable that was provided with the phone. Once I rebooted my computer, it identified the phone as a storage device. I then used the balena Etcher software to flash the Manjaro Phosh beta1 ISO to the eMMC memory. The steps are here for those who want to flash the eMMC memory instead of the microSD card: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#O...ng_Systems
I still prefer to test the operating systems from the sd cards.

So far from the reports that have trickled in on the new Manjaro Edition phones, 
       it looks like many of them are not booting from the eMMC..?

I did read somewhere on the forum that there were a few minor hardware revisions to the Manjaro Edition phone,
      but they did not elaborate on what the changes were.?

My Manjaro phone is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Monday, November 2.....

*( Currently I have one Brave Heart and 3 PMOS Convergent Edition phones )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone will not turn on (but sometimes will) insidetrip101 10 4,376 08-18-2023, 04:28 AM
Last Post: spha
  Pine phone main board part Generaltuxenburg 1 916 07-31-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Pine phone USB keyboard connection CleanEnergyCleanEnvironment 1 1,052 02-20-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Thumbs Down Phone is unresponsive theneedful 14 7,185 08-12-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: theneedful
  Phone Dead Already? MarsColonist 4 2,547 08-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: auanta
  PPKB with phone; phone dies while charging SwordfishII 1 1,293 06-08-2022, 04:14 AM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  PWM whine near earpiece in low signal phone call and loud sound sent to the other end vortex 29 25,486 01-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: eugenr
Shocked Pine phone caught on fire after inserting SDcard majikbear 6 3,476 12-01-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Battery phone case expected? Cpm 1 2,022 08-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 33YN2