Dreaded Tight Hinge
Unfortunately, my Pinebook Pro has suffered from the failure of the mount that fastens the hing to the base.    I believe it may be because of tightening of the hinge on the USB-C side of the machine.

I know I need to order  a new top shell to repair the machine.   However, I'm worried that if the hinge is too tight, that the same failure will occur again prematurely. 

Should I consider trying to replace the hinges on the display too?   I'm not even sure that the hinges can be  obtained without purchasing a whole display ( which is probably impossible to get at the moment ).

Any advice or experience anyone has with repairing this problem would be appreciated.

-Karlyn
(10-29-2020, 10:10 PM)karlyn Wrote: Unfortunately, my Pinebook Pro has suffered from the failure of the mount that fastens the hing to the base.    I believe it may be because of tightening of the hinge on the USB-C side of the machine.

I know I need to order  a new top shell to repair the machine.   However, I'm worried that if the hinge is too tight, that the same failure will occur again prematurely. 

Should I consider trying to replace the hinges on the display too?   I'm not even sure that the hinges can be  obtained without purchasing a whole display ( which is probably impossible to get at the moment ).

Any advice or experience anyone has with repairing this problem would be appreciated.

-Karlyn

Have a look at this thread: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...structural
I described there, what I have done to my hinges. The mod is still working fine. (However, my display's frame is now starting to develop cracks in the upper portion,
but that is another story).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro Broken Hinge uncmonky 1 3,185 08-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Arwen