Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread
It's expected to arrive on Wednesday the 25th according to DHL.

[Image: image0.png]
It arrived 1 day early.
However, I had to pay 2200 yen for customs (first time I ever had to do so), which I didn't have in my wallet.
So I asked the delivery man to come back tomorrow, which he agreed on.
Phone arrived, customs paid.
The phone is gigantic compared to what I had over the many years, but I don't mind that.
The box was so packed with tape, as if the Pine team didn't want me to open it up. (;・∀・)

At first I didn't really understand the complaints about the kill switches being inside of the phone.
Now I do: because the cover is super firmly attached.
Not only that, the battery is so firmly inserted, I'm forced to use some pointy metalic object to just remove the battery, so there's no way to replace the micro SD or battery without having to cause physical damage to the battery.
(11-24-2020, 11:39 PM)ryo Wrote: Not only that, the battery is so firmly inserted, I'm forced to use some pointy metalic object to just remove the battery, so there's no way to replace the micro SD or battery without having to cause physical damage to the battery.

That's disturbing. The battery on my pmOS CE phone is not an unusually tight fit.
(11-25-2020, 02:16 PM)desca Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:39 PM)ryo Wrote: Not only that, the battery is so firmly inserted, I'm forced to use some pointy metalic object to just remove the battery, so there's no way to replace the micro SD or battery without having to cause physical damage to the battery.

That's disturbing. The battery on my pmOS CE phone is not an unusually tight fit.
I've got the same problem with my Manjaro CE. I have to rock the battery back and forth with a screwdriver to get it out.
My newest Manjaro phone was a bit 'tight' the first few times I had to remove the battery but it is not quite as hard to remove after a while.
I can easily remove it with my thumb nail now.

My Brave Heart phone had a very tight rear cover to start with, but it removes easily now.

With a few uses, it will get easier.

IF it was loose to start with, it may just fall off after being opened a few times.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I haven't been able to get software cenrer working but using pacman from bash does the trick, and I honestly prefer CLI for updates. Maybe a GUI for choosing software packages if they are new to me. I have had to enter an APN before, but don't know if it's somewhere weird or just a couple of clicks from settings. Only added that stuff under Android.
I haven't tried a SIM card in it yet, how are the standard phone functions?
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
@Luke My Shipment has not yet picked up by DHL. DHL honk kong says the shipper is yet to provide the parcel. What's happening here??

@Luke only the waybill number is generated, but pine64 sales team has yet to give the phone to DHL when this will happen??
@Ramanathan  Today, DHL has told me the same thing about my PBP order.

DHL says that the shipping label was created on 23 November 2020 but nothing has happened since.

This is contrary to an email from the PineBook Team on 27 November 2020. The PB Team told me that they finished processing my order and that my order has been shipped via DHL. I've just emailed them with DHL's reply and awaiting a reply. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
I've just received notification that its been picked up and is on its way!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,099 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,280 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,689 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,765 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,773 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,617 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,887 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,454 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM