Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread
Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
the update went smoothly Manjaro beta2.
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7 on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable) I don't know what else should be :-)

Joke aside, pinephone hope you succeed, keep working. At this rate, it is possible that we have a sufficiently stable OS&hardware in a year.
(11-14-2020, 06:14 AM)dariomk Wrote: Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7 on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable) I don't know what else should be :-)

Joke aside, pinephone hope you succeed, keep working. At this rate, it is possible that we have a sufficiently stable OS&hardware in a year.

Did you just update it, or Flash it?
(11-14-2020, 11:11 AM)KNERD Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 06:14 AM)dariomk Wrote: Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7  on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable)  I don't know what else should be :-)

Did you just update it, or Flash it?
Yust update by software app.
Mine arrived yesterday! Charged it up, messed around a bit and things appeared to work fine in Manjaro. Haven't put a SIM card in to test that yet. Will probably be burning one of those multiboot ISOs soon to play with.

Mine didn't update at first, complaining about another instance running. Looks like the update was running but crashed. Removed the lockfile and ran it from terminal and everything appared to go okay. It didn't immediately boot correctly but when I cycled again it was normal.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(11-17-2020, 03:03 PM)zer0sig Wrote: Mine arrived yesterday! Charged it up, messed around a bit and things appeared to work fine in Manjaro. Haven't put a SIM card in to test that yet. Will probably be burning one of those multiboot ISOs soon to play with.

Mine didn't update at first, complaining about another instance running. Looks like the update was running but crashed. Removed the lockfile and ran it from terminal and everything appared to go okay. It didn't immediately boot correctly but when I cycled again it was normal.

It seems with Manjaro you have to put manually put in the APN. I did a software update, and now the software center is broken.
I noticed this as well. But you can still update and install packages via terminal
Hi @Luke  could we get a shipping update when you have a chance! (I ordered a  Manjaro convergence edition pinephone on Nov 1 and am still awaiting a shipping notification.)

Thank you!
@Luke  I ordered my Manjaro community edition with convergence on November 5th from India but have not received any shipping details.
I'm in the same boat. No shipping notification and I ordered mine Nov 5th.
hello all__I'm new to this board so please bear with my ineptitude__I ordered Pinephone Manjaro CE on Nov. 2__I was emailed receipt but no news since__just wondering when and what to expect__any hints?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,236 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,472 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,819 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,298 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 168,124 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,433 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,114 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,807 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,950 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,567 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM