How to update Manjaro to 20.10
Apparently Manjaro ARM 20.10 was released recently, but how do I update to this version?
There are no available updates in the add software app, and Manjaro is providing the images, so do I need to reinstall the OS on the eMMC?
What's the fastest way to proceed with the update?

Thank you
just open terminal and type

Code:
sudo pacman -Syyuu

for regular updates -Syu it's enough 

From Wikipedia: 
ArchLinux (Manjaro's based on ArchLinux) uses a rolling release model, meaning there are no "major releases" of completely new versions of the system. A regular system update is all that is needed to obtain the latest Arch software
The installation images released every month by the Arch team are simply up-to-date snapshots of the main system components usefull if you need to reinstall your system or if you need to make a new install
(10-25-2020, 01:54 AM)nightranger73 Wrote: just open terminal and type

Code:
sudo pacman -Syyuu

From Wikipedia: 
ArchLinux (Manjaro's based on ArchLinux) uses a rolling release model, meaning there are no "major releases" of completely new versions of the system. A regular system update is all that is needed to obtain the latest Arch software
The installation images released every month by the Arch team are simply up-to-date snapshots of the main system components usefull if you need to reinstall your system or if you need to make a new install

I see. Thank you!
(10-25-2020, 03:43 PM)pineitup Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 01:54 AM)nightranger73 Wrote: just open terminal and type

Code:
sudo pacman -Syyuu

From Wikipedia: 

I see. Thank you!

Sorry for the empty reply. Any idea why this does not work? I have tried and this what comes:

error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from manjaro-arm.moson.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from ftp-osl.osuosl.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from notmaindomain.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from www.uex.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.scachemaille.ch : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from y0sh.co : Could not resolve host: y0sh.co
error: failed to update core (invalid url for server)
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from manjaro-arm.moson.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from ftp-osl.osuosl.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from notmaindomain.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from www.uex.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirror.scachemaille.ch : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from y0sh.co : Could not resolve host: y0sh.co
error: failed to update extra (invalid url for server)
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from manjaro-arm.moson.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from ftp-osl.osuosl.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from notmaindomain.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from www.uex.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirror.scachemaille.ch : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from y0sh.co : Could not resolve host: y0sh.co
error: failed to update community (invalid url for server)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

I wish you a happy new year.
Best regards, happy and healthy hacking,

Ricardo
Manjaro changed the repo a few months ago, I bet you have an install from 1st 1/2 of 2020
The repo needed a manual update to new repository address, check manjaro forum
(01-01-2021, 12:39 PM)wdt Wrote: Manjaro changed the repo a few months ago, I bet you have an install from 1st 1/2 of 2020
The repo needed a manual update  to new repository address, check manjaro forum
Yes, now I know that I still have 19.12. But I have tried what stays in Manjaro forum:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/pinebook-pro...rors/42960

following the instructions I have leaved
Code:
https://manjaro.moson.eu
as the only mirror and I still become a 404 error.

Thanks in advance

Ricardo
As in Manjaro forum it should be
Code:
Server = https://manjaro.moson.eu/stable/$repo/$arch

unless you were on testing or unstable branch

As per instructions:
Edit the first mirror to point to https://manjaro.moson.eu - don’t touch the branch/$repo/$arch - just change the host - then do a complete sync
I have reinstalled the OS and also followed all the steps perfectly but the problem is still there.
(07-26-2021, 04:51 AM)Jack Kim Wrote: I have reinstalled the OS and also followed all the steps perfectly but the problem is still there.

Which version did you install?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building PPSSPP with Manjaro AUR LivingLinux 0 1,109 06-11-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: LivingLinux
  Make your own Manjaro image flatulent_piney 0 3,186 11-07-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: flatulent_piney
  Manjaro ARM, Cryptomator, and MEGA Sync dp1kinobe 3 7,017 10-24-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: pineitup
  Downgrading packages on Manjaro ARM (on the example of boinc) wrzomar 0 3,378 10-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post: wrzomar
  Freepascal FPC3.20 and Lazarus IDE on Manjaro KDE dieselnutjob 0 2,871 08-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Last Post: dieselnutjob
  Installing WPS Office on Manjaro brent.thierens 5 9,612 07-13-2020, 03:13 AM
Last Post: brent.thierens
  kernel build script for latest mainline manjaro kernel xmixahlx 42 57,465 07-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  full disk encryption with luks on manjaro xfce limxr 48 66,664 07-09-2020, 07:27 AM
Last Post: JtR
  Is there a MMC upgrade instruction from debian-mate to manjaro factory (20.06)? pljanson 4 7,808 06-23-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: pljanson
  How to update the RTC date (time set to last timestamp before shutdown) JasonG-FR 1 3,848 06-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Last Post: jiyong