Pasword
Hi all,
 I received my PinePhone Postmarket Edition a couple months ago.

Immediately  I ran into the issue whereby it asked you to create a password and then did not reccognize the password. i think this was a topic of discussion here for a while but I can't link to the thread. 

I am unable to get the attention of the  PinePhone makers so I am hoping someone here can help me. 

What happened to people was PinePhone asked you to create a "strong" password, which I did. This was one of the very first things it asked you to do when turning on the phone. 

The password I created was long  and  had a lot of symbols and capital letters. 

When I went to log into the phone, it did not recognize the password which I had written down accurately in fact.

The issue  as I recall was that the password routine did not accept either letters or symbols but didn't tell you that when you created the password. It would pass the creation of the password, but then not recognize the password it had permitted you to create. 

The solution to people who were caught in this, and there were quite a few, was to reflash the phone. It seemed to be absolutely the only way to fix the problem. 

I am looking for a tutorial on  how to reflash the phone. 

Thanks so much for your assistance.
I don't have a PinePhone, but I too have read a lot about this issue, but can't find anything anymore. I think though what you're looking for is here: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...roSD_Cards
They also have an active IRC channel on FreeNode where they respond quickly
(10-23-2020, 06:18 PM)Noah222 Wrote: Hi all,
 I received my PinePhone Postmarket Edition a couple months ago.

Immediately  I ran into the issue whereby it asked you to create a password and then did not reccognize the password. i think this was a topic of discussion here for a while but I can't link to the thread. 

I am unable to get the attention of the  PinePhone makers so I am hoping someone here can help me. 

What happened to people was PinePhone asked you to create a "strong" password, which I did. This was one of the very first things it asked you to do when turning on the phone. 

The password I created was long  and  had a lot of symbols and capital letters. 

When I went to log into the phone, it did not recognize the password which I had written down accurately in fact.

The issue  as I recall was that the password routine did not accept either letters or symbols but didn't tell you that when you created the password. It would pass the creation of the password, but then not recognize the password it had permitted you to create. 

The solution to people who were caught in this, and there were quite a few, was to reflash the phone. It seemed to be absolutely the only way to fix the problem. 

I am looking for a tutorial on  how to reflash the phone. 

Thanks so much for your assistance.

@Noah222 

The 'bootstrap' method looks to be the simplest way to flash to your Pine phones eMMC.

There is a fairly detailed description of the method in a forum thread,   and also I think the wiki has instructions.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-23-2020, 11:48 PM)bcnaz Wrote: (snip)
    The 'bootstrap' method looks to be the simplest way to flash to your Pine phones eMMC.

There is a fairly detailed description of the method in a forum thread,   and also I think the wiki has instructions.
Do you mean restoring the pinephone Jumpdrive image to a SD, insert and boot to that so the pinephone EMMC shows up as a disc, wipe the emmc, and then restore an .img file to the exposed as a drive pinephone EMMC? After that just boot and do the install, right?