[WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha
(11-17-2020, 04:05 AM)firefox-58 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 12:41 AM)nicetux Wrote: Hi. I got yesterday a Pinebook Pro (white) and i am since i got my 'First One Jolla' a fan of SFOS. How can i support you? I want to help running SFOS on the Pinebook. Hint: I doesn't own any programming skills. Sad
My first thing what i want to do - i download me the image file and write them to a uSD card.

You have a

Pinebook

or a

PineBook Pro  ??

Its a Pinebook Pro (64GByte)
(11-17-2020, 12:41 AM)nicetux Wrote: Hi. I got yesterday a Pinebook Pro (white) and i am since i got my 'First One Jolla' a fan of SFOS. How can i support you? I want to help running SFOS on the Pinebook. Hint: I doesn't own any programming skills. Sad
My first thing what i want to do - i download me the image file and write them to a uSD card.

These builds are for the Pinetab not the Pinebook (the white one is a Pinebook) or Pinebook Pro

Not sure anyone has build one for the laptops yet. Also as they are very much touch focused not sure how useful it would be
1 Now with Pinephone Pro (used to have Pinephone and Pinetab) cooking on Mobian - Seasoned Ubuntu user since 2007
2 Known to break things - often
3 Sometimes known to fix things then see 2 above
Just a heads-up the image can be built with the flash-it script and one doesn't need my image anymore.
https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/flash-it
Experience should be a tad better since the last image isn't very polished. However it seems browsers seem broken currently Sad
(12-19-2020, 02:29 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: Just a heads-up the image can be built with the flash-it script and one doesn't need my image anymore.
https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/flash-it
Experience should be a tad better since the last image isn't very polished. However it seems browsers seem broken currently Sad
The flash.it script builds but still does not boot (no graphics but backlight keyboard works.....ie no text or screen)in the Pinetab I have. (Early adopter ubports). Is it building for a previous version?

Tried this before with same result. In fact flashit script only ever worked once ages ago pre alpha 2

Will try again later over the holidays
1 Now with Pinephone Pro (used to have Pinephone and Pinetab) cooking on Mobian - Seasoned Ubuntu user since 2007
Pleased to report that I have now flashed this to the EMMC and it is working a treat especially now with the new kernel 5.10.

Great work.
(01-03-2021, 11:41 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: Pleased to report that I have now flashed this to the EMMC and it is working a treat especially now with the new kernel 5.10.

Great work.

Good to know. Now  I can switch to SailfFishOS on the tablet
is OTA updating still broken? Wouldn't mind running an updated image to check out.
(01-04-2021, 02:59 PM)tophneal Wrote: is OTA updating still broken? Wouldn't mind running an updated image to check out.
Seems to work for updating although no updates since installation on mine yet

I did a quick :

devel-su
zypper ref
zypper up

With the browser not working and reliance on Webcat - accessing emails is a problem for now...you can see them not open them...the splash screen needs amending to be a quiet boot splash - other than that I am enjoying having it on my Pinetab again
(01-05-2021, 03:33 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:59 PM)tophneal Wrote: is OTA updating still broken? Wouldn't mind running an updated image to check out.
Seems to work for updating although no updates since installation on mine yet

I did a quick :

devel-su
zypper ref
zypper up

With the browser not working and reliance on Webcat - accessing emails is a problem for now...you can see them not open them...the splash screen needs amending to be a quiet boot splash - other than that I am enjoying having it on my Pinetab again

Is there a brief rundown, wiki, etc on the SailfishOS syntax?
This might be of help https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS_Cheat_Sheet