KDE crashing
I was messing around with themes and my dock ( thankfully I corrected auto correct ) and I encountered a crash that persists on reboots. There is no dock ( caught that too, my auto-correct is filthy ) present just the crash notification that I can't close and I cannot open anything to change settings. No big deal I'll fresh install Manjaro but I'm curious is it the pbp or the software? I guessing transparent or blurry themes are too much for it to handle.
(09-30-2020, 03:45 PM)bastafari Wrote: I was messing around with themes and my dock ( thankfully I corrected auto correct ) and I encountered a crash that persists on reboots. There is no dock ( caught that too, my auto-correct is filthy ) present just the crash notification that I can't close and I cannot open anything to change settings. No big deal I'll fresh install Manjaro but I'm curious is it the pbp or the software? I guessing transparent or blurry themes are too much for it to handle.

Breeze and Breathe themes work for me on ManjaroARM (KDE). Any other theme I tried caused problems that were quickly solved upon returning to Breeze/Breathe themes.

Can you get a konsole window to open with ctrl+alt+t? If so, type "systemsettings5" and see if you can change the global theme back.
(10-01-2020, 08:50 AM)MtnSk8 Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 03:45 PM)bastafari Wrote: I was messing around with themes and my dock ( thankfully I corrected auto correct ) and I encountered a crash that persists on reboots. There is no dock ( caught that too, my auto-correct is filthy ) present just the crash notification that I can't close and I cannot open anything to change settings. No big deal I'll fresh install Manjaro but I'm curious is it the pbp or the software? I guessing transparent or blurry themes are too much for it to handle.

Breeze and Breathe themes work for me on ManjaroARM (KDE). Any other theme I tried caused problems that were quickly solved upon returning to Breeze/Breathe themes.

Can you get a konsole window to open with ctrl+alt+t? If so, type "systemsettings5" and see if you can change the global theme back.
I wish I know that hot key earlier! Literally just fresh installed this morning. But everything else I did, did not work. I'll remember that next time. I have to learn the hard way.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New PBP crashing every 5 min Lane23 2 2,703 11-07-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Chromium Crashing if not Superuser cmelcher 3 4,338 12-13-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: cmelcher