Abuse of downvotes
@Luke

Is there any way to permanently block someone? Due to my, and many others, responses to a certain forum individual they have been on a down vote/negative rating crusade and have sought out every post I have basically made in order to negatively rate them.

I have ignored that person via the control panel, but that has no effect judging by the 10 negative reputations in basically 2 days.

I mean I know reputation is fake internet points, but this is getting harassing.
I have had the same experience, alongside abusive messages.
Just turn downvoting off & purge the existing downvotes from the database.

This is history repeating itself. Downvotes upset people, upvotes don't. It's not worth the mods' time to try to police an elaborate set of rules for when users may downvote each other. The only forums that leave downvoting on after seeing how it works are the ones that actively want to foster a toxic climate. Anybody who's been watching the reputation histories for the past few days/weeks knows it's just been causing endless running fights & endless cycles of retribution. And it always works like that. It's a system that just encourages people to abuse it.
Absolutely, I didn't know there was a downvote feature until now. I was only giving positive reputation.
(09-25-2020, 04:25 AM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote: Just turn downvoting off & purge the existing downvotes from the database.

This is history repeating itself.  Downvotes upset people, upvotes don't.  It's not worth the mods' time to try to police an elaborate set of rules for when users may downvote each other.  The only forums that leave downvoting on after seeing how it works are the ones that actively want to foster a toxic climate.  Anybody who's been watching the reputation histories for the past few days/weeks knows it's just been causing endless running fights & endless cycles of retribution.  And it always works like that.  It's a system that just encourages people to abuse it.

Sounds good to me.

But just so you can see this isn't me complaining of just anything. I haven't posted for about a week. The second page is more of the same. Like i said I would be happy to not see or interact with this person in any way.

https://imgur.com/a/eG85Pyc
Even Google only allows upvoting, for a long time now. That should be pretty telling.
(09-25-2020, 04:25 AM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote: Just turn downvoting off & purge the existing downvotes from the database.

This is history repeating itself. Downvotes upset people, upvotes don't. It's not worth the mods' time to try to police an elaborate set of rules for when users may downvote each other. The only forums that leave downvoting on after seeing how it works are the ones that actively want to foster a toxic climate. Anybody who's been watching the reputation histories for the past few days/weeks knows it's just been causing endless running fights & endless cycles of retribution. And it always works like that. It's a system that just encourages people to abuse it.

Gets my vote! The reputation system is not fit for purpose and wide open to abuse -- it's not meant for expressing that you disagree with someone. It ought to be completely disabled all signs of it removed completely. What would be better would be a way to give thanks to someone for a useful/good post. Note I do not mean the reputation system limited to +1 voting only!
Unfortunately, as someone who fields a lot of the reports on these users and the negative rep given, I've already discussed this with @fire219 . According to him, the rep system is either on or off. We cannot disable only negative rep. As users, you could make a poll thread to determine if the forum as a whole would like to keep or discard the reputation system. I'm sure Pine would be willing to follow the will of the users in this matter.
OR :
Public listed,    ""Down voted by : @xxx         Because :  Blah Blah Blah""
Anonymous or rampant down voting should NOT be allowed.

But occasionally some posters do deserve it  (just my opinion)
Well I hate to say it, but the way things look lately, might as well turn it off. Unless we can convince the one offender to repent.