All the Manjaro Builds!
(10-01-2020, 08:35 AM)Cree Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 05:33 PM)hiimtye Wrote: I tried the lomiri Alpha 1 and it is super snappy, which I expected as that was my experience with UBPorts, but it's a hopelessly closed system. there doesn't look to be any work to even port over libertine to get X11 apps working, and there's only like 8 apps (weather crashes, and the calendar doesn't even get added to the menu. I haven't found any other method of finding apps that work in lomiri, other than a pacman -Ss lomiri

installing an X11 app (for instance, Firefox) results in some weird split window thing where one window is the title of the app, and the other window is titled /usr/lib/appname and both are empty.

this might be a viable solution if there were more apps, and/or Anbox worked in it.
Isnt the issue of being a closed system a ubports issue, and lomiri just a ui/de? I figured it would be much more open on top of Manjaro. Maybe just that some features required for it to function openly havent yet been tweaked by the manjaro team since porting lomiri from UB touch.
Correct me if im wrong.
Should be less of an issue with Manjaro Lomiri because the file browsing app called Index works as well as a few others.
(09-30-2020, 05:33 PM)hiimtye Wrote: I tried the lomiri Alpha 1 and it is super snappy, which I expected as that was my experience with UBPorts, but it's a hopelessly closed system. there doesn't look to be any work to even port over libertine to get X11 apps working, and there's only like 8 apps (weather crashes, and the calendar doesn't even get added to the menu. I haven't found any other method of finding apps that work in lomiri, other than a pacman -Ss lomiri

installing an X11 app (for instance, Firefox) results in some weird split window thing where one window is the title of the app, and the other window is titled /usr/lib/appname and both are empty.

this might be a viable solution if there were more apps, and/or Anbox worked in it.
Other than using the Lomiri DE, Manjaro is nothing like UBPorts.  

Libertine is not needed at all.  You can just pacman -S whatever you want.  The rootfs is r/w by default.  XWayland is included.

Firefox is launching with wayland by default, and that's not displaying correctly.  If you launch it in XWayland, it displays fine, but the keyboard has issues.  Just do
Code:
GDK_BACKED=x11 DISPLAY=:0 MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1 firefox

You may need to manually launch Xwayland first. If you launch it from the built-in terminal app, you will have problems with mir suspending your terminal when it loses focus.  This will stop that silliness:
Code:
gsettings set com.canonical.qtmir lifecycle-exempt-appids "['com.ubuntu.music', 'ubuntu-terminal-app']"
I am currently using Manjaro Alpha4 on my PP and it works incredibly smooth. Great job, Anbox is developing well, though I could not get Osmand to work, but it will eventually work I guess. Having turn-to-turn navigation would be great. I installed navit but I could not figure out how to add maps to it.

Otherwise it feels more faster after my usual daily refresh using pacman. Calls are working, even from suspend. It wakes up between the 3rd and 4th ringing. SMS wakes up the phone and then it goes back to sleep, but the notification is there. Interestingly notification LED is not really working at the moment.

Btw the notification area now makes sense, the buttons are working! Smile I could switch off and on the notifications and use the flashlight from there directly. Great job, really nice job! Smile

Manjaro guys still got it... Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 496 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,065 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,421 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 716 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,352 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 957 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,558 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,478 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,009 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Question Running AnBox on Manjaro ARM w/ Phosh? danimations 2 2,398 09-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nroth