All the Manjaro Builds!
Woah okay grab something stable everyone, Manjaro is making big moves... 3 build released in the last week. Now there's an alpha with Lomiri (same UI as UT) and boy am i excited! Looks like they've ironed out more issues with phosh and hopefully theyre able to carry a lot of their progress over to the Lomiri and Plasma builds. Check out their news page for links to the latest!

Its also worth noting these are all official supported projects now, more than just a dev or 2 tinkering. Id say that make Manjaro a strong contender to take the lead soon. Just gotta start getting used to pacman over apt...

https://manjaro.org/news/
This is great news! The more people that work on this, the sooner we can have a competent daily driver.
(09-22-2020, 09:59 AM)Cree Wrote: Just gotta start getting used to pacman over apt...
this is the main reason I use Manjaro on the Pinephone. all of my other devices run Arch, so it's seamless to run it on the Pinephone.

the big thing I hate about debian based is why is update the package cache, and upgrade all of your packages two separate commands? so much more typing
I tried the lomiri Alpha 1 and it is super snappy, which I expected as that was my experience with UBPorts, but it's a hopelessly closed system. there doesn't look to be any work to even port over libertine to get X11 apps working, and there's only like 8 apps (weather crashes, and the calendar doesn't even get added to the menu. I haven't found any other method of finding apps that work in lomiri, other than a pacman -Ss lomiri

installing an X11 app (for instance, Firefox) results in some weird split window thing where one window is the title of the app, and the other window is titled /usr/lib/appname and both are empty.

this might be a viable solution if there were more apps, and/or Anbox worked in it.
Has anyone tried Manjaro Phosh Alpha 4 yet ?

I am downloading it now for a test drive on a PMOS convergent phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-30-2020, 09:35 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Has anyone tried Manjaro Phosh Alpha 4 yet ?

I am downloading it now for a test drive on a PMOS convergent phone.
my test is very preliminary. manjaro phosh alpha 4 seems to work better than pre-installed postmarketos. still having serious bugs in it, like keyboard  does not work with all situations. ctrl key locks in weird way.
(09-30-2020, 05:33 PM)hiimtye Wrote: I tried the lomiri Alpha 1 and it is super snappy, which I expected as that was my experience with UBPorts, but it's a hopelessly closed system. there doesn't look to be any work to even port over libertine to get X11 apps working, and there's only like 8 apps (weather crashes, and the calendar doesn't even get added to the menu. I haven't found any other method of finding apps that work in lomiri, other than a pacman -Ss lomiri

installing an X11 app (for instance, Firefox) results in some weird split window thing where one window is the title of the app, and the other window is titled /usr/lib/appname and both are empty.

this might be a viable solution if there were more apps, and/or Anbox worked in it.
Isnt the issue of being a closed system a ubports issue, and lomiri just a ui/de? I figured it would be much more open on top of Manjaro. Maybe just that some features required for it to function openly havent yet been tweaked by the manjaro team since porting lomiri from UB touch.
Correct me if im wrong.
no, lomiri runs in its own compositor and it doesnt support X11 without a layer they call libertine, or at least thats what i came to understand while briefly using ubports
(09-22-2020, 09:59 AM)Cree Wrote: Woah okay grab something stable everyone, Manjaro is making big moves... 3 build released in the last week.
Fantastic - 3 unstable releases per week. Only jobless geeks can have a look at all that useless stuff.

I'd prefer a distribution with less releases, a working (and consulted) bug tracking system per release and bundled efforts to get the most urgent basics working Blush
(10-02-2020, 06:36 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 09:59 AM)Cree Wrote: Woah okay grab something stable everyone, Manjaro is making big moves... 3 build released in the last week.
Fantastic - 3 unstable releases per week. Only jobless geeks can have a look at all that useless stuff.

I'd prefer a distribution with less releases, a working (and consulted) bug tracking system per release and bundled efforts to get the most urgent basics working Blush

ATM it looks like all releases with phosh and plasma-mobile are very very very buggy. Could not reliable even make phone calls or receive them.

Incoming calls are missing and not even we have an implementation for Carddav/Caldav .

For me only UB-Touch on the pinephone gives us something like an usable system. But UB-Touch eats battery like hell. Only 4-5 ours with very slight usage...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 576 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,389 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,562 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 795 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,645 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,004 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,801 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,551 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,055 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Question Running AnBox on Manjaro ARM w/ Phosh? danimations 2 2,464 09-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nroth