Graphical Glitch in Settings
Question 
New PineBook Pro user. First post. Happy so far.

I've noticed a strange graphical glitch, and I've searched the forums and elsewhere for tips with no luck.

In the setting dialog, there's an odd pixelated highlight around the current and under-mouse theme options, as well as a pop-up over, that appears to be a faulty animation or transparency.

Link to Screenshot

Any tips on what this is and how to make it go away?
Sorry to respond without a solution for you, but I wanted to say that I've had this issue as well and hope that maybe bumping your thread will be more effective than making my own. I'm running the stock Manjaro ARM distro off of the built-in eMMC in a Pinebook Pro that I just received in the mail last week. All software (incl. OS & drivers) is up-to-date as of 9/20/2020, according to the built-in package manager.

The issue does indeed seem to be a graphical problem with colored, highlighted transparencies, and I see it in the exact same place you've noticed it - the Plasma subheading of the settings window. I have not noticed any other graphical issues, relics, tearing, etc. related to transparencies or highlights, in fact I don't know that I've really noticed any other graphics glitches at all. I believe this glitch goes back to day 1, prior even to updating from the stock OS build, but now I'm actually not certain...

Side note - I do want to say that, after about a week of fairly intensive config/messing around, this thing has continued growing on me and in general I've been super duper impressed with it - shout out to the fam at Pine64. Thanks fam!
(09-14-2020, 09:04 AM)sciolus Wrote: New PineBook Pro user. First post. Happy so far.

I've noticed a strange graphical glitch, and I've searched the forums and elsewhere for tips with no luck.

In the setting dialog, there's an odd pixelated highlight around the current and under-mouse theme options, as well as a pop-up over, that appears to be a faulty animation or transparency.

Link to Screenshot

Any tips on what this is and how to make it go away?

Hey, I've seen that same issue and have a few things to report... along with a fix, that you may or may not like...

First, I saw that right as I got my PBP and was editing KDE settings that I always like to change under KDE... Its nice to know that I'm not crazy, or the only user with the same thing happening...

I can tell you that it doesn't cause any issue with the computer, with the functionality of editing any of the settings that the issue pops up by and that the Manjaro team is working on this build - I'm sending the issue over to the Manjaro forums.

I have found a fix... or at least a workaround. Tongue Edit your settings, and then click on the close tab up top. The graphical issue goes away the moment the window closes!! Its great.

You can still edit what you needed to, I'm sending the issue over to Manjaro forums - I bet they already know, but maybe now... and thank gosh that its not an issue that messes with functionality.

Also, wanna make sure that you don't think I'm being a d*ck!! I'm not.. just trying to have a bit of fun - these distro people are awesome for supporting this cheap and powerful (For ARM) laptop. I want Manjaro team to keep developing!! Tongue I don't think theres a [real] fix right now; and its really not an issue I'd want them fast tracking... since its just a graphical fubar.... Tongue

Hope you caught my tone in the correct way; just having a bit of fun.

Fix = Close the damn settings window.
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s
I had a similar issue installing mesa-git fixed it for me.

Cheers!
mesa-git worked for me, too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Network settings, where to find the config files? hvdkooij 1 2,789 11-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: xyzzy
  Saving ALSA settings? Baslow 9 9,505 09-04-2020, 09:05 AM
Last Post: brzegorz
  How do I save my time settings? MrDitchy 9 9,547 01-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Last Post: MrDitchy
  how I "fixed" Chromium crashing on accessing settings richfm 7 8,156 12-17-2019, 04:35 AM
Last Post: andybleaden@gmail.com