Anyone been able to get a working GloDroid img on SD?
(03-10-2021, 05:42 PM)tophneal Wrote: downloaded v0.6.0 above and the gensdimg.sh, and the resulting sdimg.img boots, with android boot screen! video confirmed working! it doesn't seem to be leaving the boot screen, but i'm going to let it do it's thing for a while. i'll make an edit here if it makes into android.

figured i'd ask if vbmeta.img should be in the release zip, or if it's not actually supposed to be with the other imgs.

One step closer - I think the vbmeta error can be ignored and problem lies elsewhere on this build.
new build released.
been trying to get this one going all morning. i can;t seem to get the initial deploy image to boot from SD. I've held down the power button till the Tab makes its normal "click," and tried booting from the emmc install to reboot into the inserted card. Both show no other signs of life from the tab, and adb devices shows blank from my pbp.

if anyone's able to get this new image up and running on the tab, i'd love to hear how you did it! i'm going to keep trying, and update this if i get it working, though.
tophneal Wrote:been trying to get this one going all morning. i can;t seem to get the initial deploy image to boot from SD.

Sounds like something still not quite right with the adb flashing script. Maybe you'll have more luck with the image builder script instead.
(05-10-2021, 04:01 PM)nas Wrote: Sounds like something still not quite right with the adb flashing script. Maybe you'll have more luck with the image builder script instead.

haha! thanks for the reminder. i keep forgetting about that script as an option.

got the image generated and on sd. I can boot from it and see signs of life (keyboard backlight comes on and responds to short presses of the power/suspend button. however i'm not able to get video to the tab's screen yet. Sad i noticed that the 0.6.1 img was labeled for pinephone, does it still apply to the tab? i only ask since i know you were distributing packages based on board/device for the last builds.
tophneal Wrote:i noticed that the 0.6.1 img was labeled for pinephone, does it still apply to the tab?

You're right, only a pinephone image is listed - I guess a bug needs to be raised. I'm not on the team but keen to see it booting on pinetab  Smile
(05-11-2021, 03:18 PM)nas Wrote: You're right, only a pinephone image is listed - I guess a bug needs to be raised. I'm not on the team but keen to see it booting on pinetab  Smile

i'll try to file one later or see if i can pull 0.6.1 manifest and try to build an img for the pinetab.
tophneal Wrote:i'll try to file one later or see if i can pull 0.6.1 manifest and try to build an img for the pinetab.

Already requested and pinetab image is now available.
I can't get it to work installing to SD for neither Pinephone, nor Pinetab using the flash to SD image. It installs on SD using the pinephone image, but errors out trying to flash recovery and won't boot. On Pinetab, it won't even boot to try to flash the image. Exactly how should I format my SD card? The instructions on git were not clear.
thanks! my server probably wouldn't have succeeded building the img, at this point i'm pretty sure it's cursed to not build any android imgs. my last attempts to make glodroid pinetab imgs ends with an indiscernible error.

dang. img still doesn't boot properly. signs of life from the docked keyboard (backlight comes up) but no display.

(05-13-2021, 07:09 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: I can't get it to work installing to SD for neither Pinephone, nor Pinetab using the flash to SD image. It installs on SD using the pinephone image, but errors out trying to flash recovery and won't boot. On Pinetab, it won't even boot to try to flash the image. Exactly how should I format my SD card? The instructions on git were not clear.

you shouldn't need to format the card. it will be partitioned as part of the script. go to page 2 and look where nas linked to a gensdimg.sh script. it can be run from the same folder and make a burnable img, without having to go through all the steps in the README on the github. once it makes the sdcard img you can write it directly to sd.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 632 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Udemy not working on pinetab2 (danctnix) jbreese 3 1,052 06-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: jbreese
  Important apps stopped working yurievitch 2 4,409 07-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: LisaFord
  Got Vivaldi Working on Arch! wd5gnr 3 6,352 11-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: hanscees