Anyone been able to get a working GloDroid img on SD?
I saw a thread about distros not booting off the pinetab sd card - have you guys had anything else boot off the sd?
(09-22-2020, 08:32 AM)nas Wrote: I saw a thread about distros not booting off the pinetab sd card - have you guys had anything else boot off the sd?

most of the initial images "didn't boot" for the early release tab, b/c of a change with the LCD panel. All booted, but none displayed video. Since that was figured out we now have working imgs for Manjaro, Mobian, and Arch. I've booted all 3 from SD myself.
(09-19-2020, 04:40 PM)squierts Wrote: I just opened a issue for this in their project.

(09-22-2020, 08:39 AM)tophneal Wrote: most of the initial images "didn't boot" for the early release tab, b/c of a change with the LCD panel. All booted, but none displayed video. Since that was figured out we now have working imgs for Manjaro, Mobian, and Arch. I've booted all 3 from SD myself.

So some hardware driver/setting change? It's probably relevant to glodroid too but I see they've responded to the issue so hopefully it will be figured out.
(09-29-2020, 09:51 AM)nas Wrote: So some hardware driver/setting change? It's probably relevant to glodroid too but I see they've responded to the issue so hopefully it will be figured out.

That's my guess, too. After watching the issue where they acknowledged it, I used the latest release to make an SD and sent them the requested logs this morning. Hopefully that'll help toward a resolution.
(09-29-2020, 10:38 AM)tophneal Wrote: That's my guess, too. After watching the issue where they acknowledged it, I used the latest release to make an SD and sent them the requested logs this morning. Hopefully that'll help toward a resolution.

Not sure if it's been fixed but there's new pinetab build to try out.
I’m going to try this tonight! Funny enough, I recently setup a vm to pull the sources and build glodroid with a current kernel. Can’t wait to make this sd!

EDIT: im experiencing issues getting the deploy imgs to "boot" after writing to sd. i recall in my last efforts to boot this on the tab, i could leave it docked to the keyboard and would get screen/keyboard back light. i'm not getting those now, and had to resort to using my Chromebook for it's handy "expose usb device to linux" prompts to see if it's turning on. (though it still doesn't appear in adb devices like it should.) i'm also seeing a bunch of permission denied errors running the flash-* scripts, even with sudo. i'm guessing this is bc the sd isn't fully booting to allow to be flashed the rest of the way.

i tried a few deploy images from the 0.5.1 release too. i know the tab can be testy to boot from sd sometimes. but i get no visible "signs of life" even after holding the power button for 10s. if anyone is able to get these deploy images to boot, i'd love to know what your secret sauce is.
You can try the image build script instead of deploy method but looks like this latest release gets stuck at the android boot logo on pinephone. It may at least confirm whether the display driver is correct for the pinetab.
thanks, i'll give this a try a little later! probably an obvious answer, but is it safe to assume i'll need to use an x86 machine for the script you linked?
It worked for someone with a pinebookpro in the pinephone thread -  should produce a sdcard.img file once it completes.
(03-09-2021, 03:29 PM)nas Wrote: It worked for someone with a pinebookpro in the pinephone thread -  should produce a sdcard.img file once it completes.

downloaded v0.6.0 above and the gensdimg.sh, and the resulting sdimg.img boots, with android boot screen! video confirmed working! it doesn't seem to be leaving the boot screen, but i'm going to let it do it's thing for a while. i'll make an edit here if it makes into android.

After Few minutes it goes to recovery but that’s it https://imgur.com/a/L279dJY

i noticed this in the script's output

Code:
stat: cannot statx 'vbmeta.img': No such file or directory
vbmeta.img: size=
vbmeta.img: partition offset=1548746752
Could not create partition 9 from 3024896 to 3024895
Setting name!
partNum is 8
Unable to set partition 9's name to 'vbmeta'!
Error encountered; not saving changes.
dd: failed to open 'vbmeta.img': No such file or directory

figured i'd ask if vbmeta.img should be in the release zip, or if it's not actually supposed to be with the other imgs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 630 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Udemy not working on pinetab2 (danctnix) jbreese 3 1,052 06-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: jbreese
  Important apps stopped working yurievitch 2 4,407 07-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: LisaFord
  Got Vivaldi Working on Arch! wd5gnr 3 6,352 11-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: hanscees